Constipation?!

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
I made a thread yesterday about the possibility of Hannah being but since she wasn't straining with her bowel movements and from what everyone told me on here it seemed normal. Today has been a whole other story! She had a normal bowel movement this morning but the last three she has been crying. There hasn't been much any of those times but it's been pretty firm. I gave her peaches and pears for lunch (unfortunately she had banana as a mid-morning snack because I didn't know she was constipated at that time :dohh:). We've also given her apple juice and tried to get prunes down her. Is there anything else we should be doing? There's no blood in the stools, I've checked. I guess if it keeps up tomorrow we'll have to go to the doctor :(

I know it sounds bad, but 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar (most say brown sugar, but I couldn't get hold of any so used white) dissolved in 4oz of cooled boiled water did the trick when Jack was younger. He was back to normal within a few hours in fact. I didn't particularly want to give him sugar, but he was in so much pain, a little bit of sugar as a one off was worth the result.

how many poops does she have a day?? are they hard or anything?

Usually one soft poo a day but the last few days she's had her one soft poo and several smaller/firmer poos. Yesterday she had I think 3-4 but she didn't act like it was hurting her. Today she was crying (after a soft poo in the morning) :( Three times.

hmm anything new in her diet in the last 2 weeks?

Yep cheese yesterday which is what I think caused it :( Hopefully the apple juice and prune combo will help clear her out so she feels better tomorrow

cheese definately may have caused it... It is a binding food lol

What about some kind of cereal? Im not sure what al you could give her at this age, but there are some good bran cereals that will soften her stool.

Will definitely look into that. Not sure what kinds she can have at this point though :rofl:

cheese definately may have caused it... It is a binding food lol

Well I thought I'd given her enough of the other foods to counteract it. Obviously I was wrong, very very wrong :rofl::rofl:

Who knows... it may be a combination of the cheese and the formula or cereal because they are all iron enriched.

:shrug: I'll be more careful about cheese in the future that's for sure ;)

lol me too (not that I was planning on giving it to Jas tomorow anyways)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->