Consultant appointment today

kellyc1987

Reaction score
I had a consultant appointment today for something that turned out to be nothing, this was my first appointment with a doctor/consultant since being pregnant (I'm now 39+6) I've only seen the midwife before this.

While I was there the doctor asked why my personal medical file was so thick, I said I had no idea as I never really go to the doctors or hospital so she had a little look through and saw that I myself was a premature baby born at 29 weeks, she then said well if we knew that then you would have had extra scans and appointments due to the risk..

I told my midwife about this at my booking appointment and now I'm worried there could potentially be something wrong with my baby and I haven't found out because I have only had my 12wk and 20wk scans...

I don't even know what to begin googling to find out what this 'risk' could be.. maybe just of giving birth early myself but I forgot to ask the consultant... Every measurement and scan has fine so far

Anyone have any experience with this or know what the extra risk could be?

The would think the risk could be you having a premature baby too! But seeing as you are almost 37 weeks I would not worry about it.

The would think the risk could be you having a premature baby too! But seeing as you are almost 37 weeks I would not worry about it.

That's what I thought too, I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow so obviously no concern there if anything I want him to hurry up lol but was worried she might have meant development issues or something like that

Yes I would say this too, since pregnancy/labour can sometimes be similar to your mother's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->