Consultants appointment

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Got a letter through for my appointment, i wont get seen untill August 8th 2007!!
Really gutted but theres nothing i can do about it really. Ive got private medical insurance that i can use from May 07 but chances are it might not cover anything for infertility.

Oh no :hugs: at least you have a date for things to move on. You never know you may get a cancellation.

Charm X

:shock: So sorry it is such a long way off, but as Charm says, you have a date to move on......:hugs: x

so sorry hun, i really dont know what else to say, i cant belive you have to wait that long :(
Hopefuly you will catch before then!

xx

That is just outragous AG fucking madness DO NOT accept that please don't!!!!! If you do I will kick you myself an if you have to move! What happens after that ONE appointment that btw is a consultation type appointment!

NOOOOOO!! I'm totally gutted for you get on that phone an give them loads failing that if you can't an its not your nature when you are at mine next year we'll gather the details bring the letters an your patient number (which is on letters) an I will be you!

Thats DISCUSTING!!!

:hugs:

Aw hun, that is shocking, do what Wobbs says and get on the phone and play merry hell with them
What will happen after that? will you have to wait another 10 months for another appointment?

My blood is boiling for you :x

hiya,
When I got my last consultanst appointmnt through it was far away but if you keep calling every week you might get a cancellation, I did with ttc2. Shaved a couple of months off the waiting time.
Where is your appointment, do you go straight to the Royal.

Once I had seen the consultant with the first ttc journey and we got into the system for ivf things moved pretty quickly. I think my very first consultants appointment was in the dec, I was referred for a lap which confirmed blocked tubes in the march and by October I was due to start ivf cycle (which never happened as I fell myself).

It is totally outrageous, isn't it? There is just no consideration in this country given to the mental effects of fertility issues. If there was, there is no way people would have to wait this long.

Charm's got a good point though. Make sure that you ring up and they know you will take a cancellation however short the notice.

I'm sorry to say, that I don't think ranting will have any effect. Most PCTs in this country have similar waiting times. When our GP first referred us in January, she said it would be August before our first appointment.

The cynic in me thinks that they hope that people will either pay or get PG naturally while they are waiting. It's disgusting! :evil:

Hugs to you AG :hugs:

I had one of my appointments quicky for ringing & saying it wasn't on :shock: :oops:

awww i hope that you figure out a way to get in before august!! this august just friggin passed!! stupid fools. i think wobbles idea is great, then even if you don't get in quicker you get some steam out :twisted: hehe.

i also think calling in for cancellations is a gret idea too :D good luck xxx

Just spoke to my dad about it, he says he will see what he can do in April for me with the medical insurance im under. Im quite happy to wait untill April, its not so far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->