consumer reports

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Does or did anyone use consumer reports recommendations to choose baby gear
ie strollers, car seats, pacifiers, etc...

For the big things like my pram I did but I still didn't pay a huge amount of notice as I found that many people who want to tell you what they think about a product, only do so because they've had a bad experience with it.

The pram I got had an even amount of good and bad reviews and tbh now that I have the pram I don't agree with the bad reviews at all. I think it's people who've either been unlucky or are very picky & wouldn't be happy with anything. The car seat though I have to agree with a little. It only just fits in the car and you have to remove it's hood.... so whats the point in having one! :dohh:

anita which pram did u choose based on it?

my OH drives me mental with these,
he reads reviews on everything... everything.
i say to him whats great for 1 person may be crap for you and what may be crap for one person may be great for another.
fair enough on faults etc but personal opinions i can do without lol.

i tend to read reviews yes. especially with the car seat - i check crash test reviews where possible. even if i couldnt see my particular model i checked how reliable in general the make i was going to buy would be.

i also tend to check reviews for products on mothercare.com and amazon etc.

its nice to know other people check the reviews too. vickilouise i agree what may be good for one person may not work for another but if something gets the same complaints consistently i start to worry u know. besides nothing is perfect. some of the strollers on consumer reports have about the same ratings but are better or worse in different areas. i guess you have to decide whats most important to u. its just so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->