Contact lenses...

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying them online, there's really good companies out there, so long as you get the prescription done first, as you are, and then re-do it every year- that's where I faltered!

What will you do about eye checks etc? The money you save on eye checks more than makes up for it IMO. Specsavers charges £20 every time you make an appointment about contact lenses if you don't use their direct debit scheme

https://www.lenson.co.uk/about_lenson.php

This is the company I've found, I've used glasses direct for my glasses and they are an amazing company :thumbup:

A contact prescription includes the shape of your eye and have to be fit to you. I get the 2 week ones and just don't take them out until then. I use the Accuvue Oasis as they help keep the eyes from drying out. You will need to go to a doctor to get the script anyway, so you can see what they recommend. They usually give you a trial pair when you go to get fitted.

These are the ones I use but I have to take them out at night because my eyes still dry out even with these lenses. If I fall asleep for half an hour wearing them, my eyes are completely dried out.

I didn't even know you could leave contacts in for that long :/ I thought that was unhygienic, plus you shouldn't get them wet in showers etc? I have fallen asleep with Johnsons Acuvue ones in before and it is so uncomfortable when you wake up.

There are brands that are made specifically for continuous wear, the ones I have can be worn for up to 30 days straight. I don't wear them overnight because my eyes get really dry but I find them find to wear for naps etc. I take mine out and give them a clean every night when I take my makeup off because they get covered in makeup otherwise and I can't see :lol: my optician told me they're fine to wear in the shower as long as you keep your eyes closed

There are brands that are made specifically for continuous wear, the ones I have can be worn for up to 30 days straight. I don't wear them overnight because my eyes get really dry but I find them find to wear for naps etc. I take mine out and give them a clean every night when I take my makeup off because they get covered in makeup otherwise and I can't see :lol: my optician told me they're fine to wear in the shower as long as you keep your eyes closed

Oh I never realised, I obviously don't have continuous ones (I assume) that would be handy though, I don't wear my lenses half the time because I get too lazy to put them in in the morning!!

I've never had that problem (with Specsavers if you lose them they give you another pair but I think you can only do that once a year lol) I don't wear them everyday, I don't tend to wear them weekends and will sometimes be a bit naughty and wear them for longer than the month which leads to me having a bit of a back log of lenses. Monthly just work out a bit cheaper. But as I say I recommend a peroxide solution because when they gave me the standard as they were cheaper lenses they didn't clean as well, but with peroxide they are great.

I have worn contacts for 15 years and go to my optician every year and get a prescription but now order y lenses from the Internet... Over a year there is almost a £200 difference in the price.

I've never had any problems with contacts but am aware that many do.

I didn't even know you could leave contacts in for that long :/ I thought that was unhygienic, plus you shouldn't get them wet in showers etc? I have fallen asleep with Johnsons Acuvue ones in before and it is so uncomfortable when you wake up.

Some are made for use up to two weeks. The eye doctor says the risk of problems goes up the longer they are in, but I've been doing the same for years. If you start to get itchy or feel uncomfortable then they need to come out, but otherwise I've been fine with them in for that long. I think it's a higher risk taking them out and putting them back in every day actually because every time you do you have the opportunity to introduce new germs into your eye.

I wear contacts and have done since I was 14.

i am with specsavers on monthly disposables as the cost of eye tests and lens checks is included in the monthly lens fee. you also get money off on glasses.

i am -7.5 in one eye and -7.75 in the other but am able to use the same prescription for both eyes.

if wearing lenses, even just a little, you need to be with an optician just to keep an eye (excuse pun) on the health of your eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->