contacted by hmrc. been payed less than minimum wage! fuming!UPDATED.IT WASNT A SCAM!

Sounds like a scam but it is odd that all they wanted to do was confirm your address...

I had the strangest scam phone call last week... the guy said "im blah blah calling from cancer research" and i was like oh right ( i donate online sometimes) and then he went " i'm ringing about the accident you had last year" and i was like erm i didn't and he said " are you sure you weren't in a car accident,had any serious injuries?!"
I just hung up at that point, my dinner was getting cold lol x

Personally I would ring them and let them know (I kind of think if nobody reports it they can't warn others) secondly I would get a copy of my credit report and keep a very close eye on it and speak to your bank because you have confirmed that the information that these people have is correct and they may well just use it!!!

Sounds odd to me, i mean i've had cheques off them before but that's only because i've been taxed too much at some point.

Wouldn't do any harm to just phone and double check if it was them.

xo

Did they have your bank details??
If not they may ask for them in the letter they said they said they were sending x

No they didn't ask for any info. I wouldn't give any out anyway. Esp bank details. xx

I get cheques every time

On the phone call note, I'm suspect for ya too x

Now I just feel really hard done to!! I was rubbing my hands waiting for the pennies, I was gutted when I got my letter saying they'd just changed my tax code.

I'm going off to sulk now ...

:rofl:

Was it tax you over payed in this tax year or last? I always wait until the year is over and send in my p60. I've always had cheques. Maybe if its this tax year, that is why they change your code?? Xx

Was it tax you over payed in this tax year or last? I always wait until the year is over and send in my p60. I've always had cheques. Maybe if its this tax year, that is why they change your code?? Xx

It was a tax rebate based on work uniform expenses and professional fees for nurses. It covered 5 years worth of small overpayment I think?
Me, my OH and a couple of people at work did it and we all got the tax code thing. My boss did it maybe a year or so ago and got a cheque!

I just assumed it was their new way of doing it :(

Maybe they just choose who to be nice to and you weren't one of them :haha:

Seriously though, that is unfair :(

:happydance:

Had an official HMRC letter this morning saying my employer has 4 weeks to pay me £114.00 or they will take her to court! :)

I totally forgot about all this too so it was a nice surprise! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"