Continuous very light spotting. What's going on with my body?

sm85

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here :)

DH and I have began actively trying this cycle, although we haven't used protection for the past few months. I have been monitoring my body and symptoms like a hawk this cycle and am getting worried that something is wrong with me. I am 31, have never been pregnant before, and have cycles that are around 27-28 days normally, in case that info is needed. DH is 33.

I got a positive OPK (Clear Blue Fertility Monitor) on CD 14 and had a lot of EWCM. DH and I had sex on that day and the next. On CD 16, I noticed I was bleeding the tiniest little amount of red or pink bleeding - to notice this, I had to insert some tissue paper up near my cervix - there wasn't any blood actually on my underwear. This continued on until CD 19. I thought maybe it was ovulation bleeding.

The spotting (if you consider it that) stopped then, but resumed on CD 21 -- 2 days later. Also on CD 21 I had really bad period like cramps (of course I hopefully thought "implanation cramping and implanatation bleeding!") which is not something I have ever experienced before at that time in my cycle. The cramps were gone by the next day, but the spotting has not gone away and I am currently on CD 23.

I took a FRER and Clear Blue Digital pregnancy test tonight (5 days before my expected period) and both were negative.

So, it's almost like I'm continually spotting from ovulation onwards. I also don't know if my timeline makes any sense (as it'd imply implanation just 6 days or so after conception).

Is this continual spotting worrisome? What could cause it? I was never aware of it before this cycle, but that doesn't necessarily mean I haven't had it - I may just not have been looking for it (prior to this month I was not constantly sticking tissue paper up near my cervix to check for blood or mucus!).

I did have a preconception visit with my gyn who basically just said to check back in 6 months if not pregnant - so I'm not sure if she'll even want to see me if I go in to ask about the light spotting.

Apologies for the long post and thank you so much for any responses :)

Steph

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->