Contraception

C

carla15x

Hey Ladies = ]

I've only had my implant out like 6 or 7 weeks now
But condoms aren't really working for us. . .

I've had a look online and at all the leaflets etc. but I don't know what would be the best to seriously consider. I am very, very reluctant to take the pill or injection or anything else that's gonna pump hormones into me so I'm not left with that many choices.

I don't know what to do = /

aww hun, don't know what to suggest! We are using condoms, have been for the last couple of years and it does suck!! Thankfully there's not much longer for us as there really isn't any option for us until we start ttc.
Hope you find something hun if condoms aren't working xx

I've been looking at the diaphragm more so than the female condom . . .
I think because we don't want to have to stop what we're doing to fix it && with the diaphram it can be sorted when I know we're going to be together.

Has anyone tried these methods?
&& how did they work out?

xx

I must admit i've not tried either but a friend of mine used the diaphragm when she first came off the pill and said it was ok, the only issue she had was that you had to plan :sex: in advance.

Well my OH lives with me
&& we get down to it everyday lol

So I spose when he's on his way home I would just pop it in?
But it has to be left in afterwards. . . can it be used more than once without taking it out?

Sorry asking you like ya an expert = ]
lol

might be worth having a chat with your gp to discuss your options :) i've been taking the pill since having madd, and did so before ttc maddi and it works well for us, though no it doesn't for some x x x

Here you are, hun.:)

https://www.femalehealthissues.co.uk/diaphragm.html

Could you have a coil put in ? I think there are ones that aren't hormone based, but don't quote me on that! :D

Some advice on coils here

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/contraceptivecoil.htm

But from reading, docs aren't that keen for you to have one if you've not had children.

I had a coil fitted after my son was born and that was just the normal copper coil. I think one of the main side effects of this is heavy periods but I don't think it applies to everyone. To be honest mine were no different then to what they are now.
I do agree with Hobnob though, they aren't keen on fitting them in women who haven't given birth, although I'm not sure why.

Iv had a look as since your going to be waiting for over a year it may be worth while going in the pill if you dont want to use comdoms. Anything but a barrier method will have an effect on your cycle. Have you thourght about a fertility monitor? As for as im aware you POAS every morning sd it tells if its a fertile day or not and then you can choose not to shag on that day or to ware a comdom.

Some advice on coils here

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/contraceptivecoil.htm

But from reading, docs aren't that keen for you to have one if you've not had children.
as quoted, mine is suitable for women who haven't born too , they are just a different size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->