Contraception...

Angelsmiles91

Reaction score
For anyone that read my previous thread about Cerazette this will come as no surprise!!
I want to come off of Cerazette because of everything i've heard both here and elsewhere that it can effect your chances of conceiving after being on it... only problem is, I don't know what me and my boyfriend can use instead now!! I can't take combined pills as they all make me depressed/put on weight, i hate the idea of having the coil fitted, the shot idea terrifies me as i hate needles and also if i have a bad reaction to it i can't get it out of my body!! And condoms completely ruin mine and my boyfriends enjoyment. But I have no idea what else to try. Any of you in here that's had a similar problem(s!)?

any suggestions would be great :)
thankyouuu xx

i had no problems concieving after taking cerazette.. i stopped taking the pill and 2 months later, fell pregnant.. when i fell pregnant the first time, i was still taking cerezette..
obviousl the desicion is yours hun, but just saying that personally it didnt effect me falling pregnant xx

i had no problems concieving after taking cerazette.. i stopped taking the pill and 2 months later, fell pregnant.. when i fell pregnant the first time, i was still taking cerezette..
obviousl the desicion is yours hun, but just saying that personally it didnt effect me falling pregnant xx

It's just that I wouldn't be able to have peace of mind knowing that there's even the smallest of risks... if that risk is there I'll be worried for the next however many years it is until I have children! It's just a worry that I don't want to have to bother with in all honesty.

xx

I came off Cerazette 3 months ago and my GP told me that I would be able to start TTC straight away and have no problems due to the pill, So I wouldnt worry about it too much hun, The stories u have heard could just be from people who cant concieve very quickly anyway and thought it was the pill.
We arent TTC till Sept and are using Extra Safe Condoms till then! they are a bit of a passion killer but it will be worth it :)

I also had the dep injection a few years ago, it made me gain weight as fast as blowing up a balloon so I personally wouldnt recomment it lol
Good luck finding something else xx

I came off Cerazette 3 months ago and my GP told me that I would be able to start TTC straight away and have no problems due to the pill, So I wouldnt worry about it too much hun, The stories u have heard could just be from people who cant concieve very quickly anyway and thought it was the pill.
We arent TTC till Sept and are using Extra Safe Condoms till then! they are a bit of a passion killer but it will be worth it :)

I also had the dep injection a few years ago, it made me gain weight as fast as blowing up a balloon so I personally wouldnt recomment it lol
Good luck finding something else xx

Hey :)
It's so confusing as I've heard so many different stories :s about it sometimes taking months for periods to get back on track after Cerazette, fertility problems etc... I'm not sure what I should do, because as I've said, I think I'd find it hard to have peace of mind if there was ANY risk there :/ how long were you on cerazette for before stopping it? as some people said it could be the lenght of time you're on it as to whether it effects you or not.
All this is so complicated :(

xx

I started taking cerazette in sep 07 and stopped march this year, it was mainly because I had migraines and heavy periods that my GP advised I take it, also im overweight and thats the best for tubby peeps apparently.
My GP told me that the pill is out of your system as soon as you have had your first period and that it should affect chances after that period.
You hear so many stories and personal opinions you never know what to believe! I know I get confused a lot! doesnt take much tho lol.
Best person to ask is Your GP or Nurse as they are the proffesionals :) xx

Theres the implant but might be a problem if you dont like needles as you get your arm numbed before you have it done.

I started taking cerazette in sep 07 and stopped march this year, it was mainly because I had migraines and heavy periods that my GP advised I take it, also im overweight and thats the best for tubby peeps apparently.
My GP told me that the pill is out of your system as soon as you have had your first period and that it should affect chances after that period.
You hear so many stories and personal opinions you never know what to believe! I know I get confused a lot! doesnt take much tho lol.
Best person to ask is Your GP or Nurse as they are the proffesionals :) xx

Now I'm really confused!! lol. I'm tempted to keep taking it for awhile and see how I feel. So many opinions, like you said! I guess I just have to listen to other people and form my own opinion from that. I've been back to my Dr so many times already with problems with pills, doubts about the shot etc I'm sure he thinks I'm an absolute hypochondriac!! It makes it harder as well that my Dr is male, I know it shouldnt make any difference because they're just as qualified, but I always find female Dr's give you the information you actually need instead of just trying to "sell" you the drug :/ it must just be men though because I told my worries to my boyfriend and asked him what we should do and he didn't have a clue! lol.

xx

I've recently come of cerazette and my periods are back to normal now and it has only been 2 months. I think it depends on the person and how long you've been taking it. I was never too good at remembering it anyway and i was only on it about a year so its been ok for me :)

Theres the implant but might be a problem if you dont like needles as you get your arm numbed before you have it done.

Eek no I can't stand needles at all :/ and I don't want anything that will last that long either.

xx

Eek no I can't stand needles at all :/ and I don't want anything that will last that long either.

xx

You can have it in for as little or as long as you want. It dosent have to be in for 3 years.

Have you thought about natural family planning and/or Persona? It requires a bit of comitment but it's save and you only have to use condoms about half of the time. That's provided you're in a comited relationship and know neither of you has any STDs. If you don't know that 100% or aren't sure you can stick to it and do it properly, then I wouldn't recommend it. If you're interested, there's a very good book on it "Taking charge of your fertility" by Tony Wechsler.

I use charting combined with withdrawal 10 years no accidents.

It's just that I wouldn't be able to have peace of mind knowing that there's even the smallest of risks... if that risk is there I'll be worried for the next however many years it is until I have children! It's just a worry that I don't want to have to bother with in all honesty.

xx

i completely understand that hun.. ultimately, its completely up to you.. some people have had good experiences, but, as with anything there are always some people that have bad experiences.. how about going to your gp and see what contraception they can suggest hun..? hope you find a solution soon xx

xx

i completely understand that hun.. ultimately, its completely up to you.. some people have had good experiences, but, as with anything there are always some people that have bad experiences.. how about going to your gp and see what contraception they can suggest hun..? hope you find a solution soon xx

I've been to the Dr several times but they don't seem to be much help. They only really suggest condoms, the jab or the implant :s that's what worries me!! if they don't suggest anything else then it looks like I'm rather limited as far as choice is concerned.

xx

How about a patch?? Ive heard good things about them.

I was on cerazette and i got preg 2 months after stopping it!! I wouldnt worry to much about reduced chances. ask the docs theres loads of different methods u could try?

No suggestions. . .
exact same problem = /

Sorry = ]

xx

Hopefully will be able to find SOMETHING that works soon :)
what different things have you tried??

xx

Hopefully! lol = ]

I was on the pill for yeeears, about 3 or 4.
Then condoms, I ended up pregnant = /
Then I had the implant && I've just had that removed about 8 or 10 weeks ago = ]

I don't want any sort of hormone based contraception, it gives me mood swings && weight gain, which really does leave limited choices loL!!

xx

How about a patch?? Ive heard good things about them.

I was on cerazette and i got preg 2 months after stopping it!! I wouldnt worry to much about reduced chances. ask the docs theres loads of different methods u could try?

Ooooh.... I don't think I've heard of this one before. It certainly wasn't suggested last time I was at the Docs. I'll check it out :) thankyas Panda_Ally :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->