Contraceptive coil gone missing!

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
Anyone had a coil fitted thats gone missing at a later date?! My mirena coil has come out of place and im waiting for a date for an ultrasound to find out where its gone but im worried! How do they get it out if it cant even be seen down there by the nurse?!

if it has gone through your uterus you'll have to have an op to get it removed...well basically if it has gone anywhere internally it'll be an op to get it out...you haven't expelled it and you haven't noticed???
hope they find it hunny xxx

if it has gone through your uterus you'll have to have an op to get it removed...well basically if it has gone anywhere internally it'll be an op to get it out...you haven't expelled it and you haven't noticed??? hope they find it hunny xxx

the coil going through uterus (perforation( is usually very painful so I'm sure you would have felt it!!

It has most likely been expelled or the threads are curled up in side you

You won't need a cutting operation unless it has perforated

they can usually do a minor proceedure (hysteroscopy) to uncurl it or hook it out if it is inside the uterus

hope all is well
xxx

the coil going through uterus (perforation( is usually very painful so I'm sure you would have felt it!!

they can usually do a minor proceedure (hysteroscopy) to uncurl it or hook it out if it is inside the uterus

hope all is well
xxx[/QUOTE]

Mmmmmm don't be too sure on the pain...my former boss and my mum both has a coil go through their womb and didn't have great pain...just cramp type pain....so you cannot say that....

Hi chick

I had a panic once when I couldnt find the strings on my coil - the nurse even looked and she couldnt see the strings/it and she said that she would need to refer me.

A doctor/nurse at another clinic had a look and they managed to locate them, as the strings had pinged really up inside.

But sometimes they do get expelled and ppl do not realise.

Apparently it is very painful if it gets lodged further up so you would know hopefully!

Hope you get it sorted xxx

Thanks for replying girls. Ive got the scan next week, im abit annoyed it hasnt been sooner but they dont seem bothered. The thing is i had an accident a few weeks ago and badly damaged my hips, pelvis, back and ribs. I told my doctor i had a stabbing pain in my cervix, it felt exactly the same as when i was pregnant and she didnt seem bothered, it didnt cross my mind untill two weeks later that it could be my coil so i checked for the threads and they had gone! So thats when i went to a nurse and asked her to check! I am in alot of pain but i cant work out if its from the accident or the coil!

Either way i am never ever having another put in after this!! I cant trust the pill.. or the coil now!!

i couldnt find the threads on mine but they are curled up behind my cervix and mine took a few mins of looking to find it but i had the same doc that fitted it to check it and she new where to look :blush:

its very unlikely that its come out or that it has perforated as im pretty sure you would know!

hope all is well
xxx

[/QUOTE] Mmmmmm don't be too sure on the pain...my former boss and my mum both has a coil go through their womb and didn't have great pain...just cramp type pain....so you cannot say that....[/QUOTE]

I did say 'usually' hun!

I work in general practice and have experience of fitting coils and perforation without major pain IS unusual !!
xxx

MrsRH do you know if it can cause any infections/damage if it isnt in the right place? And also would it show up on an xray?! I had an xray after my accident of my whole pelvis/hips and lower back area and the lady said to me do you have your belly button peirced? I told her i didnt and she said she could see something metal on the xray, i was so high off morphine and gas&air that i didnt even think to ask what it could of been and i thought the coil was plastic!?

im pretty sure they dpo show up on xrays so thats what she will have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->