Contractions after sweep for hours now nothing!

Jo1987

Reaction score
Hello,

Had my second sweep yesterday lunchtime and by 5 I was contracting every 20-30 mins. Slightly painful contractions and this lasted until 11. I thought I'd go bed incase I did go into labour. Woke up this morning with nothing, no contractions nothing. I lost my mucas plug after my first sweep week a week ago.

I'm not in a rush to get little one out its just frustrating that I thought I was in labour last night and today nothing.

Anyone else had this?

Hi. With dd2 I had a sweep and lost my plug, had loads of pains and then nothing! I was so gutted! I went to bed with no pains nothing and woke at 3am that morning to my waters breaking. But I had my sweep at around 10am the morning before so took a good 15hours for anything to start for me. Unfortunately if your baby isn't ready then the sweep just won't work, but I think the fact you were getting contractions is a good sign, means something is happening in there. Best of luck hun xx

Thanks. Had another contraction since posting just waiting to see if anymore appear in the next hour or so.

Almost identical to what's happened to me. I had my 3rd sweep yesterday at 11am. Part of my mucus plus came away straightaway. Went home had contractions every 20 mins not so painful till about 8pm where I had to jump into bath and take some painkillers. Went to sleep to wake to nothing... Untill I went to the loo and found the rest of my plug. No contractions per say just a lot of pain in my back and hips. Hope things kick off in the evening ... Don't want to share the same birthday lol

Very common after the sweep i had this first night, i went into labour 2nd night.

My sweep with this baby did same only it was light session. I had my 2nd sweep yesterday been up.since 1am contracting between 2-12mins upto 90 sec. What a long latent phase for a third baby. Ouchie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->