contractions since 19 weeks

jzgrace

Reaction score
I'm now almost 34 weeks and have been having contractions since 19 weeks
The docs have done several tests and all came back normal. They said that some women get preterm contractions throughout their whole pregnancy, some carry to term and some have premature birth. Mine have been getting more intense and closer together. I don't want to go into labor early. I was wondering if anyone has experienced preterm contractions throughout their whole pregnancy and went full term? Or delivered early? Anyone care to share their experience? Thank you in advance for your replies :)

I did , both last pregnancy and this pregnancy! Fun times :/ not! At 28 wks they were slowly causing me to dilate, I got an IV (I think it was just fluids but can't remember) but they still came back, nobody thought I'd make it to 30 wks let alone 40....... I was almost dilated to a 4 at 39 wks and went into full blown labor the day before my due date .
This time around the contractions are even stronger than the last time around..... This is my 3rd and I'm only 25 wks..... They have been really bad the past few wks...... Only time will tell..... When I finally went to the ER last time around my contractions were between 8-11 min for a good 2-3 hrs..... Somewhat regular ...... Just time them when you get the bad ones..... Anything that has a rythmic pattern can cause you to dilate/efface....

Thats whats scary because they were 1:20 to 2:36 seconds apart yesterday for over two hours. And I told my ob this. But they didnt check my cervix. Its scary not knowing what is going on down there. I feel like my ob office does as minimal as possible.

Can I just give the opposite perspective.
I had no preterm contractions and zero braxton hicks and I had my lo at 34+5.
Fingers crossed you get to term hun x

Ty sbl :) Ive been so afraid of having lo early. Was your lo in the hospital for any length of time?

I'm a FTM, but I thought you may find comfort in my story. I have been having contractions throughout my whole pregnancy. They have had to hospitalize me a few times, and it has been REALLY scary. I was told the same exact thing that you were. I am now 35 weeks. Which is typically a pretty safe gestational age for a baby to be born. I am 1 cm and 25 percent effaced. I think that even though our contractions suck. The chances of them actually causing labor is small. Because they're never strong or close enough together to significantly change your cervix. If they were, the doctors would be much more worried. With that being said, I think us women who have preterm contractions also have a smaller chance of going to our due date. Or past it. Meaning; I think you'll make it to full term, but as your body starts preparing for labor. You will already be to that point, and you will probably go in to labor sooner. That's how I think of the whole thing! You're already so far along. I really wouldn't worry about it. Just keep track of contractions. Also, if you can talk through them. They are probably alright. It's when they're 4 mins apart, and you can't move or talk when you're having one! Hope that helps at all.

Ty sbl :) Ive been so afraid of having lo early. Was your lo in the hospital for any length of time?

She stayed in scbu for 2 weeks as a feeder/grower as thats my hosps policy. She had no issues at all except she was slow to feed initially.
She did brilliantly after that.
Don't worry hun. Everything will be fine. X

She stayed in scbu for 2 weeks as a feeder/grower as thats my hosps policy. She had no issues at all except she was slow to feed initially.
She did brilliantly after that.
Don't worry hun. Everything will be fine. X

Awe :) ty I just worry because I live in such a small town our hospital is only equiped to handle certain conditions with premies. They usually have to be sent by helicopter to a town 3 hours away. And my husband suffers from agoraphobia. So it would be me alone to be there. Im just going to keep my chin up and try not to think about the possibility.

I'm a FTM, but I thought you may find comfort in my story. I have been having contractions throughout my whole pregnancy. They have had to hospitalize me a few times, and it has been REALLY scary. I was told the same exact thing that you were. I am now 35 weeks. Which is typically a pretty safe gestational age for a baby to be born. I am 1 cm and 25 percent effaced. I think that even though our contractions suck. The chances of them actually causing labor is small. Because they're never strong or close enough together to significantly change your cervix. If they were, the doctors would be much more worried. With that being said, I think us women who have preterm contractions also have a smaller chance of going to our due date. Or past it. Meaning; I think you'll make it to full term, but as your body starts preparing for labor. You will already be to that point, and you will probably go in to labor sooner. That's how I think of the whole thing! You're already so far along. I really wouldn't worry about it. Just keep track of contractions. Also, if you can talk through them. They are probably alright. It's when they're 4 mins apart, and you can't move or talk when you're having one! Hope that helps at all.

Thank you :) Im so happy to have the support of you ladies here. Because google I s not good for that at all! I (we all) really need the positive reinforcement. The contractions have been intense but there is only like one or two of really intense ones mixed in there. So i think thats good then.

Sbl im happy to hear your lo is so strong! What a happy story :)

I think having one or two intense ones may be normal, Cuz my last hospital stay I had a HORRIBLE contraction. I have had a few of them, but they aren't all like that. I think that's the difference. I went to my first birthing class yesterday, and I felt kinda silly that I've been soooo worried Cuz she reassured me that I have know when LO was coming, and it would be different from my contractions now. Haha. It's so easy to freak yourself out! I bet we will both go overdue! It will be Christmas and these LOs will not budge! Haha

I think having one or two intense ones may be normal, Cuz my last hospital stay I had a HORRIBLE contraction. I have had a few of them, but they aren't all like that. I think that's the difference. I went to my first birthing class yesterday, and I felt kinda silly that I've been soooo worried Cuz she reassured me that I have know when LO was coming, and it would be different from my contractions now. Haha. It's so easy to freak yourself out! I bet we will both go overdue! It will be Christmas and these LOs will not budge! Haha

Lol I went 2 weeks over with dd1. It was horrible. dh keeps saying he hopes its not on Christmas day cause he doesnt want to miss dinner. The pressure in the vaginal area is a huge sign that baby is coming. It a pressure like no other.

My pressure over the last few days feels slightly like he is going to fall out of my vagina!!! It is getting hard to walk, and when he kicks it feels like it's through my pelvis. I am due 12/10/14. How about you?

I remember such a pressure that I thought ALL of my insides were going to burst right out of my vagina. It was soooo painful. They did several u/s and one said 12/25/14 but another said 12/19/14. And the 19th goes right along with my lmp, which says edd is the 18th. And I was ttc so I was using fertility friend to chart ovulation. And if I were due on the 25th then implantation would have had to happen on/around april 12th. But the thing is I already had a positive frer several days prior to that.

Ooooo yeah! Ultrasounds make it hard. Mine have been all over the place! I think they said my due date was 12/7- 12/13, and they settled on the 10th based on LMP. This baby is moving like crazy! I can feel him in my hipbone sometimes! He also likes to throw his entire body on one side of my tummy. So bizzare. He's soooo low now.

Yes! My little guy does the same thing. I can not believe how active he is. Do you ever get that funky tickle feeling by the hip bone too? The tummy looks so funny when they push to one side.
My ob felt and pushed around my belly to get an idea of his position and she said he is pretty low. And his head is down right now. My dh says its like an alien squirming around in there and he's waiting for it to burst out of my chest. Lol

Haha it looks REALLY weird when they go to one side, and I have the tickling on my hipbone too!! My baby is head down too! We are pregnant twins :)

:) It will really be something if we have the babies on the same day. NOw i would freak out then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->