Contractions started last night! Then stopped.... :(

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
If you know me or remember my username, then you know I suffer from erratic braxton hicks that can happen 2 to 3 time an hour all day long. So I do know how those feel like.

Well last night it happened, I had a contraction. I'm fairly certain it was one because it radiated from mY lower back and gave me cramping pain that subtly took my breath away. Then another ten minutes later, and another ten minutes after! They were consecutive.

So I lay down thinking, ok, time to get my rest for the real deal! Wake up... Nothing. They had disappeared. Only left with sore hips. I am so upset that this was false labor or something. Anyone have any opinions or experienced the same? I feel so silly now.

Sounds like false labour. I've had it a few times this pregnancy. I know it sounds and feels really disappointing but don't let it get you down. False labour (or prelabour, whatever makes you feel better!) does actually help. It dilates the cervix up to a couple centimetres and softens & effaces the cervix so that labour can start. It's not all for nothing. Plus you really want the baby to be in the best position for labour so that it goes smoothly. Give some time for baby to wiggle around and good luck!

Hey, I had similar on Saturday from the morning - afternoon for me I think it was looking back a bug or false/pre labour, as it came with an upset tummy. But looking at your ticker I suspect it could be your body starting to change in readiness for birth, it could of ticked off some of the early labour part for you you never know. Good luck, I hope they return soon for you :flower:

Thank you ladies! Yes I am so done being. Pregnant. It's just a big ol waiting game here and it driving me mad. Hopefully it will start back up soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->