Contractions stopped! How do I get them going again?!

katherinegrey

Reaction score
39+1 weeks and had a sweep yesterday. She said I was already 3cm.
Then last night we had a scary episode where immediately after losing a good portion of my plug I started to pour of blood, so we went to hospital. Baby seems happy on the monitor and I was having a few contractions, but as I was only 3cm still, they wanted to admit me to the ward and send DH home, so I asked if I could go home too just to pack my bag, which they allowed.
All the way home and whilst packing my bag I was having quite strong contractions. As it was about 4am I said to DH we'd both lie down and rest and wait for things to pick up. I had two on the app I timed that were 10 minutes apart and 40 seconds long. Then I woke up at 6am with more pains. Then woke up at 9am with nothing!
How could I be contracting all night with pain strong enough to wake me and then them stop now?!
How do I kick this back off?!

I had this for a couple weeks with my first, but after a lot of false starts the day I started up again regularly with contractions I went walking and walking and didn't stop until they were coming v regularly, I had her the next day. But I didn't have any bleeding etc like you so take advice from the hospital. Good luck.xx

Personally id say rest while you can, they will start back up when your body is ready i had same kind of thing after my 2nd sweep. I had very long latent phase of 24hrs, i had contractions as strong as transition part i was still only 3cm, but i hit active labour baby was out in very fast speed :)

Sex! If you can manage it of course! Keeping active may help too xx

I was sent home from hospital with contractions. They told me I could stay there and walk until my contractions were closer in time. Or to go home and have intercourse , bathe, then nap. I chose to go home and just bathe. They gave me some sort of pill to help with pain and to help me sleep. But was in the bath for 20 minutes and had to go straight back. They admitted me this time. You could walk and try sex......then bathe. I hope it goes quicker for you :) gl

Thank you, it's 6pm and I've still had nothing all day. I've been for a walk and a nap and nothing. I've lost more plug but that's all.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of telling DH I was losing plug and he asked what exactly a plug was, when I explained it's like bloody mucous he looked so grossed out that I doubt sex is on the agenda :haha: Poor man would be traumatised if just hearing what it is grossed him out, actually seeing it would upset him :haha:

Awe! I know how uncomfortable it gets this far along. Im pretty much there. Been contracting regularly since 19 weeks.
My dh would be the same way. Im just going to have to blackmail him when I it comes down to it. Trade.......a promise for a "favor" ...if you know what I mean lol

Definitely try the sex if you can. As my hubby said (when I was 9 days late), if nothing else it might cheer you up! Lol.

Also, try bouncing as vigorously as you can on a ball. That helped me the most xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->