Contractions without knowning

Pandora0814

Mum & Expecting #2
Reaction score
I had my doctors appt this morning and when he checked my cervix, he was slightly shocked at how far dilated (3-4cm) I was without even knowing it. He even told me, while he was checking, that I was having a contraction. I couldn’t feel anything but pressure in my lower back.

For the first time, with me, he actually had to think about what he wanted to do. He told me that if my contractions got closer together within a hour, then he wants me to go to the hospital right away. Then he told me that he wants to see me Monday if I do not have to go to the hospital.

My question is, I’ve been having extremely low back pain, upper thigh pain as well as extremely tight tummy. But it’s not within the hour time frame that he wants, but she insist that I should go to be checked. I just don’t want to waste my time driving up there and be sent home. Even though I’m having a lot of trouble walking and sitting.

Has anyone ever not felt every contraction until the doc or hospital told them. Should I hold out and wait or take a chance?

Can't help I'm afraid but good luck!! Painless contractions sound pretty good! X

If hes insisting you be checked, be checked just incase. Its a catch 22 with painless contractions...

I'm going to tough it out and see what happens. Just wondering if anyone else didn't feel contractions much. Like real mild cramping.

I didn't know I was in labor just had what felt like some menstrual cramps and delivered 2 hours after that started, so I would go in to get checked just in case.

If you're having trouble walking and sitting, I would get checked. Those are signs of active labor. And you can go all the way to fully dilated without every really feeling like it. Very rare, but it does happen.

Don't know if you're still about, but I didn't have any pain with my contractions at all. I was aware of a tensing and tightening, but not pain. Did you go in?

No advice im afraid but didnt want to read and run, just wanted to say good luck! Exciting times ahead x

I would go and get checked if your dr wants you to. They probably know better than any of us on here! :haha:
Good luck!

Don't know if you're still about, but I didn't have any pain with my contractions at all. I was aware of a tensing and tightening, but not pain. Did you go in?

I have not gone in yet. I woke up this morning feeling great but since i've been at work i've gotten a headache and mild cramping again while i sit.

I am so stubborn but i just don't want to waste my time to be sent home. I really need to quit being so stubborn.

I also think that i might go after work today, without telling my husband until i hear from them.

Well, the question is, why are you being stubborn? At the end of the day, if it is labour, you are obviously VERY early on, and, unless you're having to drive 12 hours to your hospital then there isn't really much need to go in. What are they going to do precisely? monitor you and pronounce that yes, you're having contractions, now go get into bed. Because that's really helpful for an effective labour - NOT! :rolleyes:

Or more likely, as you've said, yes, you're having ctx but they're not enough to be classed as labour, so go home. Great, now the clock is ticking because you've been seen by the Ob but nothing has happened in the requisit X hours, so you're called back for intervention/pit to get things moving when you didn't really need it in the first place!

I say, sit tight and take it easy, until things change :) Even with painless ctx I still recognised when labour got going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->