• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Contractions

JamieX

Reaction score
Hello babes...

This is my third pregnancy and similiar to my second one, i have been getting contractions already.

Although it is not regular, but once it happens, it is significant enough for me to feel uncomfortable.
I delivered my second child at 36 weeks, I'm not sure if it could be due to my early contractions signs. I'm worried I may deliver at 36weeks again this time.

Anyone here also feeling contractions already?

I'm only 9 weeks along... but I didn't have contractions that soon with my son. Maybe you should get checked! Have you called your Dr, Mw yet?

I'm only 9 weeks along... but I didn't have contractions that soon with my son. Maybe you should get checked! Have you called your Dr, Mw yet?

I'm not sure if it is neccessary, because all my dr would do is to run some tests to check on my contractions, and if I am really contracting, he would give me this awful jab and off to rest at home.
It's like, there's no way to stop the contractions, and nothing much he can do when i am only at 16 weeks.....

I thoughts they could stop contractions if caught on time!

:D

Am sure they can stop the contractions 16 weeks is way too early, you deff need to contact some one

I think you had better contact your doc ASAP. Better to be sage than sorry. You never know, they may be able to stop them or even determine why you're having the so early hun.

Thanks babes...

should i get those uncomforable contractions again, I will definitely contact my dr!

what does a contraction feel like? i got these pains today in the grocery store that felt like i was going to have diareah, but it only lasted like 10 senconds then poof! gone. (and no diareah) i got a little scared that it may be a contraction. (first time mom, so i have no clue!)

Hello,

I had early contractions with both my girls and had them two weeks early, which is obviously fine. I am now 16 weeks and am also having contractions. I also try to stay away from the MDs because I have some chronic issues that make them poke and prod me more than average so I understand. I believe that sometimes when things are watched too closely you end up with more anxiety and testing than necessary.

That being said, with another pre-mature babe I would call. You could have an asymptomatic UTI or dehydration which can both cause pre-term labor. They do not stop pre-mature labor at this stage of pregnancy with meds.

Good luck and I have they have not returned!

anyone know if what i have described above was a contraction?

I remember having Braxton Hicks contractions with Tia from around 30 weeks. They weren't painful, but could be mighty uncomfortable.

This time I have been having them from around 16 weeks and they have been much more uncomfortable. Especially as this one doesn't like having constrictions on my tummy... so she goes mental when I have one, and it can actually cause pain.

Do you think they might be strong Braxton Hick contractions? Both my friend and my mum said their Braxton Hick contractions were so painful, that when they finally went into labour they didn't realise because they thought they were just BH ones.

If your last baby was early and its your third baby, I would say it would be early too.. But if you are really worried, just mention it to your MW or GP.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->