Contractions

I had a back to back labour, so everything was in my back, my early contractions in my tummy were like period pains, but he turned around and it all got hazy!

Pandabub that probably sounds right Lol! You'll all be okay though! Once my LO was in my arms.. the pain just went!

I think everyone is different. I had a back to back labour and was also induced (I ended up with a csection but I did get to 10cm and was pushing before this happened so know what contractions are like but don't know about the pain of actually pushing the baby out) Hoping to find out this time around.

When I went into hospital at 39+4 to be induced I was checked and was 4cm already and I didn't even know about it, had no pain just tummy tightenings. Once I was given the drip to make my contractions quicker and my waters were burst the pain was worse, mine was more in my back because of the way my son was lying though. It was similar to bad period pains and an uncomfortable tighting, I think its a similar feeling to when you get bad cramp in your calf, I didn't find it too unbearable though it is just really tiring and started to get on my nerves after a while.

My friend went for a routine midwife appointment when she was 1 week overdue and the midwife was going to do a sweep and when she checked she was already 6cm and in labour and she had been walking around fine all day and was only feeling very slight discomfort and didn't think they were contractions at all. She went to hospital and was only in pain for 30 minutes before her daughter was born, and she was a good size 8lb 3. So guess everyone is different.

Thanks everyone for this! I've been wondering the same thing (even though I've still got some time) but you can never be TOO prepared :)

I've heard from some people I know who used gas that they slept in between contractions and some of them were so out of it they don't even remember the birth! :( has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm trying to get a good idea of what options are best!

Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your replies! This really has helped me to get my head around it a bit although I am sure I won't properly until I experience it myself...

I also find myself trying to gauge as to whether I will need an epidural. I guess you never know until it happens to you...x

Contractions are very painful in themselves, but i had bad back labour so all my pain was going into my hips/back area, i ended up throwing up =| LOL>

Try not to get worried too much about it everyone's labour is different :hugs:

Mine was like bad period cramps in waves - alot in my lower back, I found pushing less painful but more hard work when it came to the baby crowning and coming out (I was very tired at this point though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->