• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Controversial - Madeline McCann

Yes, there use to be a funeral director on here and I'm pretty sure in the previous thread on Maddie, she said thirty minutes for the smell. I will double check in the morning though x

I asked my dad about the dogs again last night and he said that they were highly accurate. I did ask as well if a body HAD been there but had been removed but he mentioned in his line of work, bodies tend to not be moved. Even if its arson to cover up murder the whole point is to have the body burned. :flower:

Thankfully we can't detect the scent that quickly. I was there during and after my grandfathers death for an hour or so, holding his hand, fixing his blankets, kissing and hugging him etc... and there was no different smells from when he was alive (not responsive really though).

I feel for the parents, the family, and that poor little girl :(

I think the Media attention given to this particular case probably also has a lot to do with types of discussions like this. The Madeleine McCann disappearance has lots of unanswered questions, lots of material for discussion and the general public, as a rule, like to analyse about possible explanations and alternate theories.

Personally, I am open minded about this. Did her parents accidentally kill her? (possibly), Did she get abducted? (Probably). I sympathise and empathise greatly with the McCanns and its no crime really to be people who are a bit unemotional and can't endear themselves to the public because of their actions as parents. They have lost a child and appear to show devastation at this, regardless of the circumstances.
However, as the Mother of a toddler, I do feel angry with them about putting their children in such danger. There was a blink and you miss it headline in the Daily Express (UK) a few months ago. No-one has mentioned it on here but apparently there was a couple who were staying (next to or above) the McCanns on holiday and were upset that they could hear Madeline sobbing her eyes out and screaming the night before.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/400796/Mystery-couple-seen-going-into-McCanns-flat-on-night-before-sobbing-Madeleine-disappeared

Interestingly, when Madeleine disappeared, Kate McCanns words were ‘The F….. *******s have taken her’. It’s an odd thing to say. How does she know immediately that she was ‘taken’ and that there was more than one? Did she think this couple had taken her. More unanswered questions?

I have a real problem also with Gerry McCann and his recent comment on the Crimewatch programme aired last month. Both he and Kate started talking about leaving the children alone and at breakfast the morning she disappeared, Gerry said that Madeline asked ‘why did you leave me alone last night to cry Daddy? / Mummy?’ His reaction to that? He said he made a ‘mental note’ of that and just made sure she was checked on the next night. WTF? Who does that when their child says they are distressed or upset?, what good parent just shrugs and thinks ‘oh well, you will just have to put up with it Maddy, whilst we squiff wine and eat tapas with our friends every night okay’

See what I mean. They have just not endeared themselves to the public at all and its most unfortunate as these people could genuinely be worthy of everyone’s sympathy and 100% support, perhaps if we knew them better and could see inside their hearts how much they love their kids (which they probably do in their own way) no-one would dream of accusing them of anything.

I wouldn’t leave my lap-top on my car seat and also leave the door unlocked , I wouldn’t put a £20 note on the floor in a town centre and expect to see it there the next day. So why is it okay in the McCanns eyes to leave two twin babies and a little toddler alone, night after night on a holiday in a foreign country? It really does beggar belief. I would have perhaps a bit more time for them if they continuously stated how awful this decision was but they don’t. But, as I said before, just because they have not been as emotional as most and are arrogant and irresponsible people doesn’t mean that they should be vilified or directly blamed for Madeleine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->