Controversial?!

Of course breast is best, but giving your child formula doesn't make you Satan...

Nah it's more the child-catcher off Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, coupled with being the guy who murdered the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and has Santa locked up in his cellar, and the guy who created Crazy Frog.

Of course breast is best, but giving your child formula doesn't make you Satan...

I formula feed and I know that breast is best...but at the time was not best for us (baby who refused to latch despite so much help, not gaining weight and a mummy with boobs so sore and mangled I couldn't wear clothes and cried every time she wanted fed). I am really really hoping to BF baby number 2 whenever he/she comes along, but definitely don't think I'm Satan when my LO is a happy healthy little girl :)

Nah it's more the child-catcher off Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, coupled with being the guy who murdered the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and has Santa locked up in his cellar, and the guy who created Crazy Frog.

Hehehehe now those are some evil evil people!

I am pretty sure that NO-ONE makes the decision to ff lightly......

Actually, not all the information for safe formula feeding is "on the tub". But ho hum.

Actually, not all the information for safe formula feeding is "on the tub". But ho hum.

That's terrible! Maybe that's why some babies have bad reactions to it.

dizz, not every post on this subject is a dig at you. Every time I've seen you post on something BF/FF related YOU'RE the one making digs at people.

I have lots of friends who never even considered breast feeding as an option

I chose to ff river pretty easily, breast feeding wasn't working out for us. I have never felt guilty about that. Why would I.

Breast is best but doesn't mean its the right choice for everyone. It's funny that me and my friend do things completely differently. She ff, puree feeds, wouldht consider co sleeping and pierces her Babys ears but we never disagree about stuff. She knows she's right I know I'm right. Simples :)

Lol, we ff for personal reasons but made me chuckle!!! I snorted at m midwife when she informed me the other day:
"We can only discuss breastfeeding with you after all this is a baby friendly hospital"
I said "surely feeding your baby in the way that suits you both is acceptable? Some of us cod av medical/personal reasons" to which I was bluntly told "we do not support artificial feeding here and even if you struggle you will have to approach us we will never suggest artificial feeding, in fact if you ask to we will discuss it with duty midwife!!!"

Well that told me ;). Not.

That's disgusting!! Xx

It's not preparing the feeds that can be difficult. Actually getting the baby to take milk can be a struggle FFing just as it can be BFing. I've struggled with both!

So thinking that FF is easy just because instructions are on the tin....pretty naive!

Everyone always complains about how hard it is to breastfeed and that once they started formula feeding everyone was so happy. Even comments on this thread say how much happier everyone was once they started FF.

Just because it makes people happier doesn't mean it's easier....

This is a really silly 'debate'

All mums should be happy and comfortable with their decision on how to feed their little one...

It's not preparing the feeds that can be difficult. Actually getting the baby to take milk can be a struggle FFing just as it can be BFing. I've struggled with both!

So thinking that FF is easy just because instructions are on the tin....pretty naive!

Everyone always complains about how hard it is to breastfeed and that once they started formula feeding everyone was so happy. Even comments on this thread say how much happier everyone was once they started FF.

Yeh, BUT me and boo (and lots of others) have experienced our babies refuse bottles when we know they are hungry, scream at the bottle going near their mouth and in the initial formula days have upset tummies. However this for me was still much easier than breast feeding ever was x

Maybe I'm just unlucky but I've had some really awful times with FF mainly to d with my son screaming during feeds and refusing to feed point blank!

I'm sure if BFing has been a struggle then switching to FF certainly will make a lot of people happier initially. But that's not to say its easier. (Can't actually remember if you even said that lol!!)

My point simply was that the throwaway comment of FF being easy because instructions are on the tin is totally misguided. Just as it would be to say BFing is easy as you simply shove your boob in LO's mouth. Most people would find that's not the truth either!

Some of these comments are designed to get a response I think!! Which is my fault for posting this in the first place xx

I personally have no issues with the term lactivist. The more people who are out there to help moms bf if they want to, the better. The issue I have is with 'lactivists' who really think everyone can bf, and tells everyone to trust their body, that is what it is for etc. It just isn't true for every mother and makes it much harder on moms who want to bf and can't for some reason. In my case I did bf, but my baby was barely gaining weight and was very unhappy, yet she refused a bottle until she was over six months old. She finally accepted a bottle so I switched to ff except for one feed per day and she went from 5th percentile to 25th and is sooo much happier. I never ever had leaky or engorged boobs, even when I went from 12+ feeds a day to one. In my case ff is much better for us, but it took me a long time to accept that as it had been so drilled into me that breast is best.

I hate the la leche league leaflets and posters they are full of guilt trips and act like breast feeding is the be all and end all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->