Coping with summer heat

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
It's taken until the end of June for the weather to improve, but suddenly the UK is really ****in' warm!
I knew it would be awful to be very pregnant during the heat... but I wasn't prepared for just how hot you get!

How do you all cope with the summer? Any tried and tested tips?

I am so jealous of people in the US and Spain and other places where a pool in your garden is normal! Our tiny yard could barely fit a bucket of water in it... :rofl:

I've got a big fan going all the time, probably costing us a fortune in electric but I'd literally die without it.
STILL SO BLOODY HOT

Please help me... ;)

Jump in a cool bath or shower if you can. Literally netflix and chill in the bath. I live in California and my last pregnancy was miserable because of the heat and the hot spells we had. No AC in 90% of California homes because its not supposed to get hot. It was over 100 for 3 weeks at that point and we were dealing with a huge fire. If you can go to ANY store that has AC. Just walk around and cool off. If you have a car go sit in it and blast the AC. I really wish I had more tips but the bath and shower one were my favorites. I literally stayed in for 2 hours at a time just for relief.

Try to only cook meals outside on a BBQ or only make meals that don’t require the oven or stove to be on for too long. Keeps your house cooler that way.

I found In the heat I ate way more fruits and raw veggies or smoothies as it requires no heat to make and was cooling/refreshing.

Another one was using a big bowl or baby tub filled with cold water(you can use ice too) and soaking my feet whether it was in my house or in the back yard. Seemed that if my feet were cold My body didn’t feel as hot.

I must be the only person enjoying it! With both previous pregnancies I've never been pregnant throught the completely duration of summer, apart from being really sweaty, cold showers have been my best friend, and I usually go in about 6 times a day lol! My partner and his family and from Portugal, and even they've been complaining about the heat here, I have to stop and think weather inward born in the wrong country l, because I absolutely love it! Even though I'm only 21 weeks it's my 3rd baby and I am HUGE. I do find aswel as PP said as long as my feet are cool my body temperature cools!

What I do struggle with though is the stuffy nights, we have a fan going at all time too and I currently have a croaky tickly chest because of the heat, and I'm not feeling so great now

Omg the heat is driving me nuts now. I wasn't to bothered by it but now I'm getting big its becoming very uncomfortable and hard to keep cool.
I find jumping in a Luke warm shower helps then just let ure hair dry naturally do not use a hair dryer Haha. Also eating ice lollies and ice cold drinks. I also wear a baseball cap if I go outside to protect my head and stop me getting headaches from to much sun.
I feel sorry for u womon due now and August. I'm 25+3 and I'm already dieing lol.
Oh how I wish we had air con in our houses and a swimming pool. My back garden is so small cud only fit a bucket in it as well Haha.
Praying we do not get a Indian summer and it cools down in September when I'll be having a section or induced.

I'm hoping we get an Indian summer! Or more heatwaves hahaha sorry ladies, but I love it I'm ready for it to be up in the high 20s now! Anymore than that I think I will die!

Yes me and baby boy are enjoying it, please stay sunshine!!! Hahaha

IMG_20190704_123015_080.jpg

Okay, not only is the heat slowly killing me but also I cannot wear tights anymore now that bump is massive, but suddenly my thighs rub terribly in dresses with bare legs, so now I have no comfortable summer clothes to wear at all!

I used to like summer... :rofl:

I have just found out what I hate about the heat! How much I'm struggling driving in my car that has no air conditioning hahaha!!

I'm off swimming tonight wooooooo
A whole 90 mins of being not-too-hot is going to be amazing

We hit a high of 41c here today! I couldn’t stand to be outside long at all, I felt so sick! Another ridiculously hot one tomorrow, planning on taking my kids swimming for some relief

We hit a high of 41c here today! I couldn’t stand to be outside long at all, I felt so sick! Another ridiculously hot one tomorrow, planning on taking my kids swimming for some relief

41c ??!! Wow now I'd struggle in that! In the UK we've only hit 30 and that was just one day it's been in the 20s for the rest of the time, and everyone wants this sunshine to go away, makes me so sad:( I love summer hahaha except my car has no air con... I'm working later andwas dreading the drive, but I'm going to steal OHs car :) hahha

@HLx ya hun, I’m in Ontario Canada.. we see 30 easily, then with the humidex it’s even hotter :haha: it’s so muggy, it’s hard to breathe!

Ohhh shite I never realised hahaha! I always thought of Canada being quite cold and snowy in places! Amazing what you learn! The suns disappeared today now, still warm, but it looks like it will be raining, I may take my own car to work after all hahaha

The thing that works the best for me is I take a rag or a bandanna and get it wet with really cold water, ring it out, and then drape it over the back of my neck, it works even better if you pop it into the freezer for a few minutes. I work in a warehouse and it's constantly around 85-90F degrees inside so that's what I do to keep cool since it's mobile unlike a fan. And in general it's been that same temperature outside, sometimes close to 100, where I live for the last two weeks so it's been helping even when I'm driving in my car before my ac can cool it off.

The thing that works the best for me is I take a rag or a bandanna and get it wet with really cold water, ring it out, and then drape it over the back of my neck, it works even better if you pop it into the freezer for a few minutes. I work in a warehouse and it's constantly around 85-90F degrees inside so that's what I do to keep cool since it's mobile unlike a fan. And in general it's been that same temperature outside, sometimes close to 100, where I live for the last two weeks so it's been helping even when I'm driving in my car before my ac can cool it off.

I'm so trying that out hon

I didn't sleep because of the heat. I was really enjoyingt he summer until I hit 25 weeks and since hitting 26 weeks and having another growth spurt I'm finding the heat awful.
I'm in bed now its 3:06am and I cant sleep. It's much cooler tonight but my baby is kicking like crazy and feels like hes using my bladder as a spring board Haha.
He kicks are so strong now it can sometimes be uncomfortable. Gonna go for yet another pee and try and get some sleep.

I live in the US in South Carolina and our average with the heat index and humidity has been anywhere between 100-115 F since May!! I'm so over it! You have to have AC in your homes around here! Its just impossible otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->