Cord Attachment

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
At my anatomy scan on Thursday, my Dr said that the cord is attached to the side of the placenta and we should expect our little girl to be on the small side.
At 21+5 she was 11oz, but I suppose nutrition might be a little harder to get that way?

Any insight or has anyone had the same issue?

(Being small makes me a little nervous, even though DH was 11 lbs and I'd rather not push that out of anywhere drug free!)

I have never heard of this but I am sure she will be perfectly fine xxxxxx

I've never heard of cord placement causing an issue with growth either but I'm sure she will be just fine!

My twin 1 had problems with cord insertion, it was right on the endge of the placenta and the cord was looped over the top of his head when he was engaged so had to have a section. Is caused lots of issues for him, his liquor levels dropped dramatically after 22 weeks and stayed dangerously low for the remainder of the pregnancy. His abdomen growth was far behind his head and femur growth. However his cord blood flow was actually very good and his heart rate always strong and stable so I was just very closely monitored. Plus they had to balance out what was best for twin 2 also, as far as she was concerned it was a perfect pregnancy. After the massive fuss they made over my boy, coming out with comments like 'we will try our best not to deliver before 32 weeks' because of his fluid and abdomen growth being so low, he was actually the bigger twin at birth. He was on the 12th percentile and she was on the 6th percentile for gestation! They are now giving me growth scans this pregnancy because of how low on the centilei she was and she had absolutely no problems what so ever with placenta, cord, liquor or growth during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->