• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cord on neck 19 weeks

HockeyWife86

Reaction score
Hey Mums,

I just had to have a scan to check up on a little pelvic bleed I had 2 weeks ago.
On the scan I saw the cord is right on/near the babies neck. Is this a concern? The lady doing the ultrasound refused to comment

I would follow up with your doctor about the scan images and what you saw. Chances are it looks bad to you but may not be any cause for concern. But when in doubt or worry talk to your doctor. If he/she takes your worries seriously they will order another sonogram to confirm everything is ok. My first son was born with the cord triple wrapped around his neck and was totally fine. Doctors are very skilled at dealing with those issues in the delivery room to ensure baby and mom's safety.

I went for my 20 week scan when I was pregnant with my son. The cord was wrapped around his neck. They wasn't concerned. He was born healthy xxx

The cord is coated with a very slippery substance to help avoid with getting entangled and wrapped around (and staying around) baby. I'm sure baby will be fine! If you are concerned definitely ask about it.

Definitely worth asking them for reassurance. Ours have been born with cords around necks. Think it said on a homebirth site 1 in 3 or 4 does. It said cords are stretchy so that bodes well for labour. But i understand fully wanting to check with a healthcare professional about this. :flower:

Thanks ladies. Sent an email to my old OB who was very reassuring x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->