Cord ties?

I haven't really thought about that to be honest - I assume the midwife will bring the necessary clamp etc during homebirth :shrug: .... I just assume it'll get cut at some point a few hours after birth.

Any main differences / benefits?

Mostly they look a bit prettier :haha: and are less clunky so wont irritate baby or get in the way.

https://img2.etsystatic.com/016/0/6622527/il_340x270.420416238_expc.jpg

I remember the clamps seeming huge and id worry about catching it

They look list wrist brades!! You know ones you did in school & gave to friends? Are they sterile? Where can you get them from? Or could you make one and boil it?

I was looking through a newborn photoshoot page the other day and I saw a tiny tiny baby and then there was this big clamp - ugly! I worry about the nappy irritating it. And also she's got such beautiful clothes (rompers & suits) to wear in her first few days I don't fancy the clamp being a nuscience.

I really like the sound of the tie now!! :flower:

I got mine from etsy. Though they must be really easy to make, im just lazy lol.

You boil it before you put it on or boil it then put it in a sandwich bag if going to hospital. I dont think it needs to be overly sterile though as once its stopped pulsating its pretty much already a closed wound.

True about the cord, wow great thanks :flower:

I am going to mention this to my midwife!! And certianly look into it more.....ummm how many do I need to get?

(All being well with naughty breech baby).....I should have plenty of time at home to boil it up (or mum to boil it up) as I am going to wait until placenta is delivered (physiological) to cut Millie free from it.

Have you decided against the lotus birth now or still considering it?

Mine came in a pair.

Still undecided about lotus birth. The husband isnt keen so considering a compramise where we leave it upto 24 hours until baby is settled and feeding then (as silly as it might sound) asking baby if its ok to cut it and make it a bit special with the girls involved fully welcoming him earthside.

Sounds lovely. I am already so attached to this organ that has grown Millie from cells to what she is now that I will be sad to detach her so I'll be leaving it a few hours.

I can't do lotus birth though, I am already nervous about newborn (never even held one!!) and don't want to worry about carrying the extra.

They seem simple to make, I make take a walk to the local craft shop on Monday and get some thread! Even if I don't use it for cord ties, I could make my 5 year old goddaughter a few crappy bracelets :haha:

I was looking into these. The clamps just look so awkward and heavy. I've got loads of thread as I used to make quite a lot of friendship bracelets. They seem essentially the same? Forgot to mention it to my mw though :( hopefully if I make a couple and take them they'll be happy to use them. I was told they don't need to be overly sterile as the cord isn't sterile x

Didn't even know about these. The clamps are big and cumbersome - I swear that Eddy's was massive compared to Earl's - don't know if he had a thicker cord maybe? - but his cord came off on day 4 as the weight of the clamp basically pulled it off. :nope:

Hmmm may have to have a think about these lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->