Cordelia Ivy?

shelbie1313

Reaction score
OK so DD1 is Ophelia Mary, fell in love with name Ophelia reading Hamlet at school, and Mary as it is my mums, MIL, and 2 granny's middle name.

In a few hours DD2 will be 2 days old and we still haven't announced a name.

Looking back to our friend Mr Shakespeare for inspiration we came up with Cordelia which I had been considering pre birth.
We wanted something short as a middle name to go with it, I randomly said Ivy and DH said the plant's a pain in the ass but I like the name lol.

We were thinking of Holly as a middle name with the December Christmas connection but actually Ivy works on that level too,I have been humming "the Holly and the Ivy" most if the evening now.

Anyway, what do you think?

They go nicely together, but its gonna be one helluva mouthful when your calling them both in for dinner. Cordelia always reminds me of the Buffy character.

I think ivy sounds better than holly with Cordelia.

I like the name and think it sounds good with Ophelia x

OK so DD1 is Ophelia Mary, fell in love with name Ophelia reading Hamlet at school, and Mary as it is my mums, MIL, and 2 granny's middle name.

Looking back to our friend Mr Shakespeare for inspiration we came up with Cordelia which I had been considering pre birth.
We wanted something short as a middle name to go with it, I randomly said Ivy and DH said the plant's a pain in the ass but I like the name lol.

We were thinking of Holly as a middle name with the December Christmas connection but actually Ivy works on that level too,I have been humming "the Holly and the Ivy" most if the evening now.

OMGosh! I'm a fellow Shakespeare lover and my middle name is Ophelia! I want to name my little girl Ophelia too, if we have one. I also LOVE Juliet and was considering Juliet Ophelia (but they both committed suicide and I'm afraid to put them together. So Ophelia it is and if we have another girl, Juliet will be her name.

Back to your question.. I like Ivy with Cordelia. I LOVE Cordelia as well. We have similar taste in the names we like.

How did people react to your Ophelia? I've gotten looks of disgust mostly but I'm standing firm. It's my name too, afterall. So I just remind them while they're dissing it.

Beautiful name. I think Cordelia Ivy sounds nicer with your eldest daughters name x

I think Cordelia is lovely. Normally I'd prefer Holly, but Ivy goes better with Cordelia :thumbup:

I honestly think they're too similar, but if you like it go for it! :thumbup:

I'm sorry, I have to jump on the "too similar" bandwagon.

Afterall, Ophelia & Cordelia pretty much rhyme! :shrug:

Kind of reminds me of the silly fictional character "Amelia Bedelia"

:flower:

OMGosh! I'm a fellow Shakespeare lover and my middle name is Ophelia! I want to name my little girl Ophelia too, if we have one. I also LOVE Juliet and was considering Juliet Ophelia (but they both committed suicide and I'm afraid to put them together. So Ophelia it is and if we have another girl, Juliet will be her name.

Back to your question.. I like Ivy with Cordelia. I LOVE Cordelia as well. We have similar taste in the names we like.

How did people react to your Ophelia? I've gotten looks of disgust mostly but I'm standing firm. It's my name too, afterall. So I just remind them while they're dissing it.[/
QUOTE]

Hi. Well we went with it. Everybody I've spoken to likes it. My brother asked me if I've been watching American coven as apparently there's a Cordelia on there.

He was the only one who voiced a negative reaction to Ophelia, " its connected with connitations of madness, she killed herself". If you look I'm sure most names have had some bad connections. I really liked Juliet and that would if been my 1st choice but DH has an aunt he dislike with that name so it was a no no, bad connotation!
Ophelia really suits her name, although she is mainly Fi, unless she's in trouble lol. This one is prob going to get shortened to Cordi, although we r waiting to see what Fi call her.
Unless they r both in trouble at the same time we shouldn't have to call them fully very often together.

I know you're going with it anyway but just wanted to add that this was the name we were going for if Ashley was a girl and will have if number two is a girl. I wasn't sure what middle name to go with out of Rose or Ivy but I really like Ivy now you've written it down.

I love both names, very classy names you have used x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->