Corey Devon Lowis 20/02/2009...4.57pm [ updated with pictures]

I FOUND YOU! YAY! CONGRAT ON YOUR BIG BUNDLE...WHAT A GREAT NAME FOR A LITTLE BOY...COREY...NICE ONE CHICK!!! :hug: AND WELL DONE...CANT WAIT TO SEE PICCIES AND HEAR ABOUT THE BIRTH! :kiss::hugs:

Well this is my birth story and I'm going to try and make it as short as possible :sleep:
I was booked in for induction on the 19th of feb at 8.30 am, i was given the 24 hour pessary at 9.30 am that morning after the midwife decided my cervix was not palpable enough to break my waters straight away. I fully expected that something would happen quickly but it was not to be...the pessary was taken out at 9.30 am the next day.
After examining me again the midwife said there was just enough room to get the amni hook up there to break my waters and i was taken down to labour ward at 12 noon where my waters were broken straight away.
But by 2pm my contractions were short and inconsistant so I was put on the syntocin drip( which I was not at all happy about as canula's bloody hurt!).
Within about 10 mins my contractions were severe and about 2 mins apart but when the midwife examined me she said I was only 4cm dialated, I remember thinking that I was in far too much pain already to be only 4cm, I've had 3 other children so I knew how I should be feeling. The midwife I had with me was newly qualified and mine was only the 2nd baby she had delivered since qualifying, so I was a bit concerned that she didn't know exactly what she was doing!!
15 mins later I felt the urge to push, I kept looking at the clock and thinking..."this can't be right"...I told the midwife that i needed to push and she said that I couldn't until she had checked how dialated i was...she then examined me MID CONTRACTION!!!! and said I was about 8cm and that I wasn't to push yet!!
By this time I was chewing on the gas/air pipe and was well zonked so didn't really know what was happening...my eyes were closed and I was just trying so hard not to push..but it was impossible. I remember hearing another womans voice in the room saying " just let her push, I can see the baby's head, this baby is coming regardless".
5 minutes later at 4.57pm Corey came quietly into the world..no screaming..just a slight whimper. Apparently there was a a little drama whilst I was thrashing about, I apparently ripped the canula out of my hand and blood started squirting everywhere, Lee said at that point he nearly passed out :rofl:
Also, the midwife got a flip chart out to judge how far i was dialated, Lee said she had one hand inside me and the other hand going throught he holes in the chart to check how many cm,s I was!!!!!!! The other voice I heard was a senior midwife that had been called in because I was pushing and I wasn't fully dialated...the other one didn't know what to do!!
Besides all that, everything went well, my labour was longer than my last two but he was worth every second of pain I went through :cloud9:
Here are some not so flattering pics of me and corey not long after xxxxxx

Attachments

• DSCF0045 resized.jpg
    DSCF0045 resized.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0046resized.jpg
    DSCF0046resized.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF0047resized.jpg
    DSCF0047resized.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0052resized.jpg
    DSCF0052resized.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF0053resized2.jpg
    DSCF0053resized2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 19
And some more xxx

Attachments

• DSCF0056resized.jpg
    DSCF0056resized.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF0059resized.jpg
    DSCF0059resized.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF0082resized.jpg
    DSCF0082resized.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 19
Oh darl....he is just perfect....what a cute little munchkin!!! SO BEAUTIFUL....:kiss::hugs: WELL DONE!!

Gorgeous pics, congratulations!

hes so gorgeous! congratulations hun xx

Oh my goodness, I just absolutely love the picture of Corey having a bath. What a little smasher.

Congratulations and very well done of course. As for the newly qualified midwife, well we all have to learn but it's never preferable to be the testee!!!!!!!! God help us ... At least she didn't get the dictionary out to look up 'baby' :rofl:

Oh my goodness, I just absolutely love the picture of Corey having a bath. What a little smasher.

Congratulations and very well done of course. As for the newly qualified midwife, well we all have to learn but it's never preferable to be the testee!!!!!!!! God help us ... At least she didn't get the dictionary out to look up 'baby' :rofl:

She may have got the dictionary out for all I know :rofl:
Thanks hun xxxxx :hugs:

Congratulations he is gorgeous xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79