Corpeus lutuem cyst

napamermaid

Reaction score
has anbody any experience of this?

I had my first scan today and they have found a cyst measuring 5.5cm - which is a huge worry?

Has this happened before to anyone?

Absolutely Hun, hasn't to me personally (although I do recall one being mentioned on my scan with my first baby years ago) but just over these past few days a few people on the forum have mentioned those cysts I don't think it's anything to worry about xx

everyone gets a corpus luteum cyst when they are pregnant... it's what keeps the pregnancy going until the placenta is formed. most are really small (1cm) but occasionally they grow bigger. i had large one with every pregnancy i've had, this one being the largest at one point it was 4cm. eventually it burst and now at 14 weeks everything is great.

Yup you get one at the start of pregnancy I asked the ultrasound tech if she could tell which ovary ovulated, she did it was my left because she could see what was left of the cyst

Was it very painful when it burst?

everyone gets a corpus luteum cyst when they are pregnant... it's what keeps the pregnancy going until the placenta is formed. most are really small (1cm) but occasionally they grow bigger. i had large one with every pregnancy i've had, this one being the largest at one point it was 4cm. eventually it burst and now at 14 weeks everything is great.

Yes I had a large one this time... that was pushing my ovarys right over I was in lots of pain :( 2 weeks later it had gone a little smaller and then stopped hurting then went xxx

Was it very painful when it burst?

yes it was, but only for a brief moment then i was completely fine.

Corpus luteum cysts are very common findings in early pregnancy and typically involute and go away during the second trimester. They're not something to worry about.

The cyst is natural and stays until placenta forms. I had one and was in ER twice, thought I had a darn herniated disk in my back, thought I might die. It went away and all was well. Not sure why your OB would be concerned.

Its size, its location and the fact it will prob need to be removed at 7cm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->