corpus luteum cyst

laura_2010

Reaction score
Well I had a scan on the 28th and it shown a corpus luteum cyst they think as well a a gestational sac and yolk.
I was in bad pain and thought the worst but have a re-scan on the 12th :thumbup: So I wondering if anyone else has had them? Mines on my left Ovary xxx

Not absolutely certain but I probably did - I had lots of pain last week and when I mentioned it to the midwife yesterday she said it's likely a cyst bursting X

Every pregnancy has a corpus luteum cyst, it manufactures hormones that keep the pregnancy running till the placenta takes over.

Sometimes they can be quite painful!

I do! Also on my left ovary, she said about 12mm at my scan yesterday, it's not given me too much pain fortunately!

Thank you Ladies mine was 17mm I think she said it looked like it was squashing to the left, Its painful but glad she found a reason Iv read they can just go away, but this is a first for me x

They do eventually go away when the placenta takes over production of progesterone around the end of the first tri. As minties says, everyone develops a corpus luteum cyst but sometimes your ovaries have follicular cysts too which can cause a bit of pain if they get big or burst x

I was told yesterday that I have a 3cm cyst but it would absorb by 12 weeks...I'm assuming it's the same thing

Mintie is correct. Completely normal. The CL cyst develops from the follicle the egg came from and goes on to support the pregnancy (progesterone ect) until the placenta develops enough to take over.

I've had one with each pregnancy. Some were bigger and more painful with others. They produce hormones to sustain the pregnancy until the placenta can take over at the end of the first trimester. When I miscarried, my cyst ruptured (scan showed floating fluid around my left ovary) and the pregnancy ended. Sometimes the doctors don't mention it because it is normal, others do. It all depends upon who does your ultrasound.

Thank you, Mine seems to be hurting me, so im taking paracetomol she did think thats the reason I had pain, do they cause MC if the rupture? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->