Corpus Luteum on scan

CJHanson

2 boys 1 angel baking#4
Reaction score
So I had an early scan today and we saw the gestational sac (yay), while they were performing the ultrasound one of the techs told the other that he could see the follicle (corpus luteum) and she agreed. I was sitting here thinking what in the hell is that?!? lol So I Googled! I found out that the follicle that releases the egg stays and become the corpus luteum, which is vital for a healthy pregnancy. I don't know why this made me so excited but it did and I couldn't help but share! I never knew about it in my 2 previous pregnancies!

When they scanned me at 8 weeks, the tech said, "Oh, you ovulated from your left ovary!" And I thought, "How the heck do you know that?" Later, reading the ultrasound report, I saw that the corpus luteum was noted. Aha! So that's how she knew! And I'm a science major/health professional! So, duh! But that is just OH SO COOL!

PS: Mega congrats on your pregnancy!

Thank you! I wasn't expecting a positive test at all! I was in complete shock for like 3 days! The only reason I even took it was because we just bought a house and we're packing and what not and I keep having anxiety attacks so I was going to take something for it and I figured I should probably test, just in case, before I took a pill and bam... 2 pink lines. Luckily, my anxiety has actually gone away since then somehow!

I ovulated from my right. lol It's odd that I know that now haha it just made me oh so happy!

I had that too she was like you got pregnant fr your right side I said how do you know? She then explained! :)

It's truly incredible, how they know! But it makes complete sense! As a biology major and a Physician Assistant, I was shocked when she said that (but I should have known hahahahaha), so I can imagine if I were trained in a completely different field (it would have been almost like magic)!

Oh and good call checking before taking the anxiolytic! A close call, but I think that deep down somewhere you had that instinct that you may be pregnant, though it may not be a fool proof feeling…. Sometimes we are wrong, but more often than not, we are right. Your story makes me happy! Congrats both on the baby and the new house!

Isn't it neat? That's how I found out I ovulated from the right side with my dd and left side with this pregnancy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->