Correct use of report function?

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
Hello dears

So, I know that the report button should only be used for reporting spam, marketting and problematic (rude/bulling) posts however I have a question related to these.

If I come across posts by a user set up clearly just to add marketting spam (like Luci123 and the many many bumped amber teething threads). Should I just report one of the instances I see and explain that there are many other posts in other sections (and the mod/admin will then locate and delete all posts) or should I be reporting every instance I see by that user?

Also. In a heated thread which descends into arguing and rude posts. If there are MANY rude posts which are offensive, should ALL rude posts on that thread be reported or just one? Does the mod read all posts and take action even if not reported? Are report numbers noted against each member by mods thus meaning really all offensive posts whould be reported individually?

Thanks for your help

I'm pretty sure that if you report a post in a heated thread,
1) they will look at the whole thread (not just the one post) to investigate
2) other people will have probably reported a post in that thread, so if 5 people report the same or diff posts on the same thread, you'll have their attention iykwim.

When you report something I'd just put the links or explain yourself in the section for why you're reporting the post... I'm sure it helps to have each thread reported but you can't sit around all day tracking down posts always and they understand that :thumbup:

If its one user, I report a post and explain I've seen other posts.
If it's a whole thread then I report the first abusive post and I think the mods will probably check the whole post.

I'm not sure if it works the same on BnB but I used to mod another forum and when someone reported a post, we checked the whole post and person who was reported.

x

- for spam report it once & we will deal with it. You don't have to report all the Spammer posts . It took me one hour to go through all your reports while dealing with the spams :)

- as for heated threads, once we receive a report the whole thread will be on watch for moderation, if a mod/ admin comments to keep the thread on track but it goes OT or heated again, you can report again

- Yes, we keep a list of abusive/ reported members & those members are always on watch. If they keep breaking the forums rules & TOS they will receive infractions, or bans (temp or permanent)

- for spam report it once & we will deal with it. You don't have to report all the Spammer posts . It took me one hour to go through all your reports while dealing with the spams :)

- as for heated threads, once we receive a report the whole thread will be on watch for moderation, if a mod/ admin comments to keep the thread on track but it goes OT or heated again, you can report again

- Yes, we keep a list of abusive/ reported members & those members are always on watch. If they keep breaking the forums rules & TOS they will receive infractions, or bans (temp or permanent)

Lol, sorry dear. See this is why I asked. I got to what, 11(??) and thought 'Mmmm, this seems excessive'.

Thanks for clarifying :) x

It took you an hour? :lol: ooops!!

Wasting valuable team time there Kitty :muaha:

Pretty much what OM has said really,

As for the whole heated thread thing, after 1 report comes in we do watch it, but sometimes when threads move so fast it can be helpful to report more than one of the "offending" posts, because trying to plough through 20 odd pages of nonsense can be quite difficult, hence why sometimes you'll see a thread get locked to be reviewed, or so that we can catch up :thumbup:

Id rather see 50 reported posts and only 50% be worthwhile than see none and have everyone running wild and arguing :lol:

I'm on vacation using my phone :rofl:

This is why it took me an hour :blush:

It took you an hour? :lol: ooops!!

Wasting valuable team time there Kitty :muaha:

Pretty much what OM has said really,

As for the whole heated thread thing, after 1 report comes in we do watch it, but sometimes when threads move so fast it can be helpful to report more than one of the "offending" posts, because trying to plough through 20 odd pages of nonsense can be quite difficult, hence why sometimes you'll see a thread get locked to be reviewed, or so that we can catch up :thumbup:

Id rather see 50 reported posts and only 50% be worthwhile than see none and have everyone running wild and arguing :lol:

Thanks love.

I had no idea it took so long. I'm a bit embarassed to be honest that it took so many reports on this morning's spam-fest before I thought it seemed a bit much and to clarify.

I'm sure if I'd had my morning coffee I'd have clicked sooner. At least by the 8th report :haha:

Marketting spam on forums makes me SO angry... because a vunerable person might think it's a geniune person/opinion/advice and get led down the garden path. So I am a bit of a marketting spam fighter.

I also hate actual spam... as in the meat. Meat should not come from a tin like that. It's wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->