Cost of a Baby

Tasha, can I ask where you got the crib from?

Sorry if it's TMI, in which case don't answer :)

Sure! It's called Baby's World.. it's in Stoney Creek. It's convertible, $1000 was the crib & side rails to switch it into a double bed. It was special order, took 8 weeks but we got to choose the finish we wanted etc. Brand is called College Woodwork-- https://collegewoodwork.org/ & here it is from the store site: https://www.babyworlds.com/college-yukon.htm

I have a huuuuuuge family and they're all just WAITING to have someone to dump all the baby/toddler/little kid stuff on someone. I've got the hand-me-down department taken care of hahaha I do want to get a new crib and car seat/stroller thingie though.

zanes room didnt cost that much hahah but i can defo see how they have come to that amount.

OMG!!! We have never spent 18,000 pounds before they were one.

I will say for my first child before they were born

Probably £40 on pregnancy tests just cos I couldnt believe it
Clothes before he was born around £100
Travel system £250
Cot £200
Draws £50
Paint £20
Curtains £20
Carpet £100
Bedding £30
Toys around £80
Moses basket £50

So around £940

I have no idea where they got the £13,696 in the first year, I didnt have childcare costs though.

Nappies weekly £10 x 52 weeks = £520 in a year
Wipes probably about £104 in the year (thats 1 pack a week @ £2, so prob spent less than that tbh)
Formula x 1 tin weekly £7 x 52 weeks = £364 in a year
clothes x £100 monthly = £1200 a year
Toys (about) £50 a month = £600 a year
Baby food (like cereals when he was first weaned as he ate what we did after that as all our food is homemade any how) £100
Christmas £200
First bithday £150
Things like a walker, bouncer and any extras £500

Thats it I think so £3738 + £940 is £4678

i agree with this, my cot only cost £85 with a mamas and papas matress that was in the jan sales,
when i was preg from 22/23 weeks till 35 weeks i was spending £20-£35 a week at bootsales on toys and clothes.
now i spend £5 a fortnight on charity shop clothes, she is only in them 5 minutes (if that).
bibs i buy from asda and boots and primark £3 for 6 i buy a pack every month or so.
£8 every 3 months on dummies.
i do cheat and get pampers nappies at wholesale prices i usually buy them in boxes of 640 at a time yes it does take up alot of space but the amount of money i save is impressive.
my biggest expense is my hello kitty addiction. i usually spend about £40-£60 everytime i go in h&m on outfits, hats, iron-on patches, bandanas, hairclips, bags, pj's, belts and any other useless baby accessories u can think of.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This cost is overly exagerated.. it can be as expensive or as cheap as you can afford. There is no doubt that having a baby is expensive but no matter how much money you have you will cope. All you really need is some clothes, and somewhere for baby to sleep and a travel option. All the other marketed stuff is not really necessary. As long is the baby is loved it does not matter how much material posessions we have for baby or how the nursery is decorated. I saved up $9000 before giving birth and am on bi weekly maternity pay and as much as I worried about everything before hand I think its all going to be fine! Once baby has arrived you just cope with what you have. So try not too worry too much and get on with the baby making!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->