Cost of your C-sec hospital bill (usa)?

I'm not quite sure how to read this post?! Are you arguing against me when I'm trying to say that I feel sorry for people in other countries who have to pay a lot more for healthcare? I was simply saying that a lot of uk citizens moan about the great service the nhsprovides which to some people is completely free.
Btw: the sun is not the most reliable of newspapers- its a bit more of a comic than a real intellectual paper:) I wouldn't trust much of the 'facts' in it.

Oh and btw I'm a uk citizen, earn above the average wage and work for the NHS so know a little about it!!

I'm not quite sure how to read this post?! Are you arguing against me when I'm trying to say that I feel sorry for people in other countries who have to pay a lot more for healthcare?

Yes, that is precisely what is being said. I feel sorry for you and many others in the UK, New Zealand, and most of Western Europe who mistakenly believe they are getting "free" healthcare or "not being charged" because they or their insurance company do not get a bill.

Instead, you get bled everyday. Brutal income tax rates, excessive sales tax rates (known as 'value added tax' or VAT) and gasoline tax in the UK and the Western Europe, far above those typically charged in the most tax heavy of the 50 United States - much of which goes to pay for your "free" health care.

I was simply saying that a lot of uk citizens moan about the great service the nhsprovides which to some people is completely free.

Healthcare is free to many is the USA - through Medicare (mostly for retirees) and a program run by states called Medicaid (people with lower incomes), and, many of those same people who receive totally free healthcare on, say Medicaid, paid little or nothing in taxes in to the system that funds these programs.

The sun is not the most reliable of newspapers- its a bit more of a comic than a real intellectual paper I wouldn't trust much of the 'facts' in it.

Do you have facts to substantiate this claim, or, are you just floating this because The Sun presents a lot of facts, with sources, and data in the link above, that obviously criticize the source of your paycheck?

Oh and btw I'm a uk citizen, earn above the average wage and work for the NHS so know a little about it!!

Apparently, according to the Sun, and The Guardian, you don't know as much as your employer and how much tax-supplied funding they get from your fellow UK citizens.

I lived in Western Europe for three years and know how brutal taxes are there.

For starters, what is your gas going for right now in the UK?

... about 1.25 British Pound Sterlings per liter? That's 5 pound sterlings per dollar, or, about $7.91 US Dollars per gallon.

You know what most American's pay for gas per gallon? Answer: $3.85 per gallon, or, about 0.61 British Pound Sterling per liter.

You are paying about double the price, and 80% of your pump price is tax. Guess who gets some of that funding? .... Maybe looking at your paycheck might help with the answer.

I'm not quite sure how to read this post?! Are you arguing against me when I'm trying to say that I feel sorry for people in other countries who have to pay a lot more for healthcare?

Yes, that is precisely what is being said. I feel sorry for you and many others in the UK, New Zealand, and most of Western Europe who mistakenly believe they are getting "free" healthcare or "not being charged" because they or their insurance company do not get a bill.

Instead, you get bled everyday. Brutal income tax rates, excessive sales tax rates (known as 'value added tax' or VAT) and gasoline tax in the UK and the Western Europe, far above those typically charged in the most tax heavy of the 50 United States - much of which goes to pay for your "free" health care.

I was simply saying that a lot of uk citizens moan about the great service the nhsprovides which to some people is completely free.

Healthcare is free to many is the USA - through Medicare (mostly for retirees) and a program run by states called Medicaid (people with lower incomes), and, many of those same people who receive totally free healthcare on, say Medicaid, paid little or nothing in taxes in to the system that funds these programs.

The sun is not the most reliable of newspapers- its a bit more of a comic than a real intellectual paper I wouldn't trust much of the 'facts' in it.

Do you have facts to substantiate this claim, or, are you just floating this because The Sun presents a lot of facts, with sources, and data in the link above, that obviously criticize the source of your paycheck?

Apparently, according to the Sun, and The Guardian, you don't know as much as your employer and how much tax-supplied funding they get from your fellow UK citizens.

I lived in Western Europe for three years and know how brutal taxes are there.

For starters, what is your gas going for right now in the UK?

... about 1.25 British Pound Sterlings per liter? That's 5 pound sterlings per dollar, or, about $7.91 US Dollars per gallon.

You know what most American's pay for gas per gallon? Answer: $3.85 per gallon, or, about 0.61 British Pound Sterling per liter.

You are paying about double the price, and 80% of your pump price is tax. Guess who gets some of that funding? .... Maybe looking at your paycheck might help with the answer.

I can see what you are saying. It's not "free" healthcare like people think, it's more like pre-paid.

However, it does work out for people on very low incomes or people that don't work at all. For example, my grandmother moved here from Scotland and hasn't worked a day in her life in New Zealand. Yet she is entitled to a benefit, which with her husband (who doesn't work either), gives them enough to buy a house along with her sister in law. She gets free operations for arthritus, often one a year. Lots of free stuff due to her age (65) as well.

Her benefit is taxed, but it's not like it's a job or anything.

Also children do not work, obviously, and get free healthcare (doctors visits, dentists etc).

I can also see my doctor on a same-day basis here, which I know has nothing to do with taxes or anything, but a lot of women from the USA on here seem to have days and days of waiting?

I could never work a day in my life, and still have money to live on, cheap doctors fees, free maternity care (midwife), free hospital/home birth, free care after the birth of my baby, tax credits for having had the baby ($92 per week)...etc etc...whereas my friend in Ohio is homeless living in a car, and can't see a doctor if he needs to because of an insurance issue.

I'll keep my pre-paid healthcare I think.

My partner gets more back in tax credits for having a child, than he pays in taxes from his wages.

Just my deductible of $500. Thank goodness for insurance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->