Cot @ 4 weeks

Fossey

Mummy to Larissa
Reaction score
I am having trouble with settling Larissa at night time, every time she goes into the moses basket we have moans and groans and then screams. She moans during the day too but not as bad. She is fine settling on us and then us lying her down on our bed (not in bed with us, this is during the daytime) as soon as she goes into the basket she seems to not want to settle.
We currently have the moses basket inside the cot and were going to put her in the cot once she was older but today DH put her in the cot after she fell asleep on me and she seemed to settle although she has been moaning a little not as much as normal. Do you think its OK to put her in the cot now or do you think she may feel abit overwhelmed by the size diference?
Its also nice to be able to see her through the bars while lying down and I imagine would be more reassuring for her to see us too. Just wondering your thoughts.

Jasmine has been in her crib since a week old with no problems. I never used a moses basket.

I am having trouble with settling Larissa at night time, every time she goes into the moses basket we have moans and groans and then screams. She moans during the day too but not as bad. She is fine settling on us and then us lying her down on our bed (not in bed with us, this is during the daytime) as soon as she goes into the basket she seems to not want to settle.
We currently have the moses basket inside the cot and were going to put her in the cot once she was older but today DH put her in the cot after she fell asleep on me and she seemed to settle although she has been moaning a little not as much as normal. Do you think its OK to put her in the cot now or do you think she may feel abit overwhelmed by the size diference?
Its also nice to be able to see her through the bars while lying down and I imagine would be more reassuring for her to see us too. Just wondering your thoughts.

i think if she sleeps better in cot then yes fine , i still have have in a little cot like crib from mother care and harry see me throught the bars :hugs:

Just make sure her blankets make her feel snuggly and she should be ok. Oliver went in his quite quickly too, with no problems whatsoever.

Hi

I think if your LO is more comfy in her cot then why not? The mosses basket matresses are not as thick so maybe she's just not comfy enough in it. Also, like you say, it's nice for her to see through the bars.

Good luck :hugs:

Hannah's always slept in a crib (which I think is the same as a cot?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->