Cot to bed transition...HELP

emzilouu

Mummy and Pregnant!
Reaction score
hi yummy mummies!! I posted on here a few weeks a go about knowing when is the right time to make the big change and take the side off the cot. During this pregnancy iv had a terrible back and at physio today they have told me my left hand hip is lower then my right and slowly collapsing so im not allowed to do any lifting which means lifting my son so I think were going to have to take that big jump and take the side off his cot so I don't have to be lifting him in and out as my husband is away a lot so cant help all the time. so ladies....how on earth do I take this big jump and crack the cotbed?

I was dreading moving LO to a bed (well, taking the side off her cot bed)

We did it last week, and honestly, once we have said goodnight and tunred of the light, she doesn't get out!

We had absolutely no issues with taking the side off the cot. We have a foam wedge so he never fell out, and still used a sleeping bag, so he never got out. Recently made the transition to toddler bed, as we want the cot for the new baby. We set the bed up and said for a few days 'this is going to be your bed soon'. He loved climbing in and out and pretending to be asleep. First night in there, straight to sleep, no problems, no getting out of bed. He has more room and sleeps better. Wish we did it sooner! Good luck x

thanks guys! this fills me with lots of courage now :D really hope its this easy with my little man! we will be getting a bed guard really hope its easy with him hes usually so good at bed time so fingers crossed this works x

We just took the sides of last weekend. We didnt put a bed rail on as OH thought he should learn from day 1 without the guard. The first night was quite a disaster. He still has a sleeping bag as he wont keep covers on and he kept climbing out and crying and falling over in the dark in his bag. It took about 45 mins to get him to sleep which I suppose isnt too bad, and once asleep he slept for about 3 hours straight. About 11 he got more wriggly and started falling out. The falling out didnt bother him it was the fact he couldnt get back in, and when we went in to help he got even more upset. This went on till 130 where he was now shattered and really upsett and ended up going in his travel cot. OH wanted us to put the sides on and try again in a few months but we agreed to put the bed guard on and give it one week. Hes just done his5th night and is really good now. Goes in no probs and sleeps through. He did his first day time nap yesterday as hes been at nursery rest of week and that was a little harder but not awful.

good luck x

We just took the sides of last weekend. We didnt put a bed rail on as OH thought he should learn from day 1 without the guard. The first night was quite a disaster. He still has a sleeping bag as he wont keep covers on and he kept climbing out and crying and falling over in the dark in his bag. It took about 45 mins to get him to sleep which I suppose isnt too bad, and once asleep he slept for about 3 hours straight. About 11 he got more wriggly and started falling out. The falling out didnt bother him it was the fact he couldnt get back in, and when we went in to help he got even more upset. This went on till 130 where he was now shattered and really upsett and ended up going in his travel cot. OH wanted us to put the sides on and try again in a few months but we agreed to put the bed guard on and give it one week. Hes just done his5th night and is really good now. Goes in no probs and sleeps through. He did his first day time nap yesterday as hes been at nursery rest of week and that was a little harder but not awful.

good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->