cotton, bamboo or fleece?

chuck

Reaction score
Which fabric do you rate?

I'm trying to get my head around the logistics of having a fluffy bum come xmas so I'm doing my research (or at least trying) LOL.

Style aside which fabric do you think is best cotton, bamboo or fleece?

I like the idea of fleece/microfibre as I'm not going to be a fluffy bum to be all 'natural' and they seem to be good at wicking away wetness and they're super quick drying.

But is it better to stick with the tried and tested cotton/bamboo?

Minky gets my vote!

out of the three you posted I go for bamboo:thumbup:

Same as Jacqui, Minky is the top fabric for me!

Bamboo velour!!!!! then cotton velour is really nice too and doesn't wear down as much as bamboo velour, it's not quite as soft though. I LOVE fleece, but only for pants, shorts and soakers to go over my fitteds

Do you have a tumble dryer? We don't... I've been washing nappies in preparation for when the baby arrives and I found that even when it's really warm, bamboo takes ages to dry. Hanging in a warm, well ventilated room here, it took two days and a night to be properly dry, whereas microfibre, fleece and cotton were much quicker.

I chose bamboo because of recommendation :) And also feeling cotton after quite a few washes. Because of no tumble dryer and not using softner I found cotton to go abit "crunchy" whereas bamboo stays soft :) I have 1 micro fibre little kamb and its so bulky i wouldn't get anymore :)

In theory bamboo is my favourite because it is ultra absorbent (which is why it takes so long to dry), silky soft and naturally anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. However, for practical reasons fleece and microfibre come top for me as they are quick drying and excellent at wicking away moisture.

I'm a bamboo fan for all of the above reasons but yes, they do take ages to dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->