Cotton wool/baby wipes

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I am curently using cotton wool on my babys bum however when i am drying him after he has done a poo cotton wool is is sticking on his bottom...any advice?

maybe start using wipes or use a piece of tissue to dry him

Either dry naturally or use wipes?

id just use wipes hun don't think its gonna do any damage to his bum i think some people are a bit over cautious they change things year by year

we've used wipes since we brought Colton home. I dont know what they used in the hospital because he only pooed at night when the nurses had him :rofl: he never pooed during the day with us.

I'm not having any problems with cotton wool right now, but if she has done alot of poo I will use the odd baby wipe!

I always use wipes, only did cotton wool oncce in hospital and tbh was not an experience i'd want to re live haha.
If his bums extra pooey i'd use wipes, just for ease more than anything, plus they arent harmful at all :)
xx

I'm not having any problems with cotton wool... just roll the ball around in your hand a little before drying your LOs bum helps keep the cotton wool together. I won't be using wipes on my LO for a while, started using them when we came home from hospital and she had nappy rash within a day... poor sensitive botty!

xxx

i dont think you should have a problem with sensitive baby wipes as that is what i use as apparently they are just like cotton wool and water, if not then dry naturally.

I still use cotton wool and warm water because Sam seems to get bad nappy rash when we use wipes. When the midwife came over just after he was born and I was changing him (and trying to pick all the bits of cotton wool off him after trying to dry him with it!) she said it's easier to use tissues or toilet paper for drying (as long as they're plain ones with nothing on them as loads have aloe vera and things in them now)
xx

Get cotton wool pads rather than balls, they're so much better. Sam's Mum, we've got the same problem.

Like everyone else said , just use wipes. For example they cant be to bad, they use them on the baby's in the NICU and thier skin is very thin and senstive(they use the senstive wipes)

Huggies do a really good brand of wipes which they say are like cotton wall and water, they are really nice and thick too! Also even better they are on offer at tesco at the moment!

I think I used to kinda pick it off. If you roll your finger round on it, it balls up and comes off in one go. Hope that makes sense!

Or babywipes.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to use them too early on. I think we went a couple of months before we went to babywipes and never looked back. I have a friend who still uses cotton wool and her oldest daughter is 3! :shock: Don't fancy changing those nappies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->