cough cough cough cough

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
This is my life. Last night I was coughing so much I was sick (not had any MS at all). Doc says just a virus but its not getting any better. Im worried it will be affecting the baby.

I know it seems ridiculous as I know they are protected but surely coughing every 30 seconds for over a week is not good for it?

I know how you feel! I've had terrible flu the past 5 days and I'm coughing until I'm sick, headaches and really bad sinuses. I told the doctor and she said everything will be fine it can't affect the baby at all, just told me to keep taking paracetomal and resting, I'm sure you'll be fine! good luck and feel better soon! x

Yes I am worried to as I am finishing up a 5 day bout of bronchitis. I coughed so hard for a few days I saw stars and my temperature was over 101 F for two days. my doctor also said it was a virus and to take tylenol and/or benadryl but neither did much for me. I had morning sickness today so that was encouraging but my ribs hurt so bad from coughing and upchucking I am a sad sad soul.

I hope we all get some reprieve in the coming days....no fun. I have to imagine the babies are okay but I have been worried none the less.

I'm in the same boat ladies. The flu hit me hard on Saturday and I'm still miserable! I haven't slept through the night once with all the coughing and my throat and chest hurt so bad. I'm worried it may have become a chest infection or bronchitis and we're flying home for Christmas next week. I just want to be well enough to travel safely. I just hope none of this affects our little nugget ;).
Has anyone gotten antibiotics?

I was sick for 6 weeks! Cough, pneumonia, sinus stuff. Finally feeling better. Yay!

I'm in the same boat ladies. The flu hit me hard on Saturday and I'm still miserable! I haven't slept through the night once with all the coughing and my throat and chest hurt so bad. I'm worried it may have become a chest infection or bronchitis and we're flying home for Christmas next week. I just want to be well enough to travel safely. I just hope none of this affects our little nugget ;).
Has anyone gotten antibiotics?

My doctor said no antibiotics for bronchitis since it was caused by a virus and it would be overkill since antibiotics only work on bacteria. I think at some point mine became a secondary infection though and antibiotics may have helped. I guess I pushed through without them because I feel a bit better today so it is what it is.

Thanks Hun! It's nice to know I'm not alone. I will power through :). We're having our 12 week scan on Thursday and I think that once we see our Lil nugget again and know he/she is fine, I'll feel better ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->