Cough syrup to increase CM

Eziana

Reaction score
Hi, my CM is pretty low. I've heard taking cough syrup can increase the quantity. Has anyone else tried this, and if so, did it work for you? Thank you. :)

I have sort of.

Mucinex is my go to drug for my sinuses and allergies. Whenever I'm well hydrated when I need to take it, I've noticed increased cm when I've had to take it, not even for ttc reasons at all.

I've been a little sick with allergies recently and have been taking generic, but haven't noticed any changes. However, I've also not been keeping very well hydrated, and that makes a huge difference.

If you do decide to give it a try, make sure guaifenesin is the ONLY active ingredient. Some cough medications have other active ingredients that could actually dry you up.

I don't know how well you do with keeping yourself hydrated, but it's absolutely essential for cm regardless of using guaifenesin or not. The hydration is what will increase it, but the guaifenesin is what will thin it out. But if you're not hydrated enough, it probably won't make much of a difference (such as in my case).

Mucinex gave me lots of fertile CM last cycle...sadly another bfn though. Going to try it again this cycle!

Thank you! I think I'll give Mucinex a try, and I'll be sure to drink plenty of water too. :)

I have been using cough syrup that contains only guaifenesin, and I also use preseed during the fertile window

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->