Coughing my head off at 38 weeks...!

hondagirl

Reaction score
Oh my word, im feeling just like everything is falling out iykwim!! I started feeling a bit cold ish last week and over weekend started to get a bit snotty, i have a history of viscous coughs following a cold but im used to dosing myself up to sleep but i cant take anything :cry: My pelvic floor has given up under the onslaught and my ribs feel like they gonna explode. Babe keeps jumping whenever i start hacking. Surely mother nature would'nt let me go into labour in this state would she? Does anyone have any suggestions for anything i can take? Im covered in vicks and sucking cough sweets but didnt sleep all night.xx

Im exactly same hun, I had to put sanitary towel on last night as pelvic floor is none exsistent now!!! Im just having cough sweets but doing nothing then was up between half 4 and 6 with what where very good strong bh really thought be going hosp but just like period pains now!!! Couldnt imagine giving birth coughing although the force of a cough may assist with getting him out lol.

Ah, thanks for that! Its nice to know someone else is out there hacking up! I hate the fact that I keep peeing! This is my third and i knew my pelvic floor needs work but its so un dignified and ive had to resort to a pad too. Baby doesnt seem to like the coughing and if i get a coughing fit mid braxton hicks it really hurts! Ive got my midwife this afternoon and im praying my bp is stable, im on meds and it would be a total nightmare to have to go up to the hospital as well as feeling vile, cant imagine id be very welcome on the ward either! To top it all it looks like a winter wonderland outside and im not looking forward to getting the car off the drive! Oh boy do i need a hot toddy! xxx

Lol think we must be twins im on labetalol with bp and dread seeing anyone at mo as know I must smell like a wee saked old woman even though ive cracked open a pack of wet wipes!!!! My pelvic floor def gnna need some serious work after this birth 2 as wasnt good before!!!

hiya yeah i have the cough as well i have been having buttercup syrup since yesterday cause i just cant stand it anymore, my whole body hurts from coughing and its making me throw up as well! xxx

i havwe a chest infection so i am FOOOOKED!

I have had this bloomin cough for over 6 weeks now. I've had to resort to a pad too as I did a cough a few weeks ago and there was a gush - I thought my waters had broken but no, it was the other!
Originally the doc gave me antibiotics for my chest infection which cleared everything up apart from the cough which is lingering but only really bad when I am out or going up/down stairs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->