Could a bloodtransfusion affect my cycle/ovulation?

Leami

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Im new to all this, this is our 1st/2nd cycle of TTC#1 and Im already so stressed! I thought it would happen instantly :)

Anyway, my cycle has always been quite stable. Around 33-34 days long.

The 24th of december I got very ill, I was throwing up blood for days, and my hemoglobin/bloodpercentage went down to 3,4. I needed 4 bloodtransfusions and had 3 gastroscopies under full aneaestetic.

I was released from the hospital 10 days later when my bloodpercentage was up to 8,1. Still very low, but not deadly at least.

My husband and me decided to start trying right after I got out of the hospital in the beginning of January. But my cycle was messed up, AF didnt come for weeks. The cycle was 54 days long.

I was relieved when AF showed up on the 7th of February, because I thought my cycle would go back to normal. So we have been trying for weeks now. I can usually tell very easily when I ovulate, by EWCM and cramps, but this month I havent noticed anything. Ive taken so many pregnancytests but they have all been negative too.

So what do you girls think? Was it the bloodtransfusion that messed up my cycle? :S Or my very low bloodpercentage? I am so worried that something is wrong with me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->