Could a kidney infection delay your period for two weeks?

angier06

Reaction score
I have a kidney infection two weeks ago I went to the doctor and I got some pills I took then and the infection was gone in 3 days. I was sick for exactly 4 days. I got sick on Monday October 12th two weeks ago and my period was suppose to come on Saturday, October 10th. On Friday October 16th, I wasn't sick anymore, I started spotting it was a pinkish-brownish color with no pain and it stop the same day it was nothing like my period, for the next 2 day it was just a pinkish discharge. I don't know if it was my period or not. It's been two weeks now, I never missed a period before it might be 1 day late but is normal. I want to wait to see if my period comes before I take a test.

If your period was due oct 10 you are already 12 days late. I would take a test now and not wait any longer. Either the spotting was a light period or maybe implantation bleeding.

I agree with PP. Do a test. Illness can delay it or even make you skip it entirely but you should still test.

Illness definitely can delay your period as can stress. I had one once that was 3 weeks late and I've never been late ever in my life, simply because I was under a lot of stress. I did take a test and it was negative, which in itself was such a relief (this was about 6 years before I was TTC and I definitely did not want to be pregnant!), and that helped to relieve some of the stress and my period arrived the next day. So yes, it's definitely possible. I would take a test so you know. If you are, you need to be taking folic acid in these early weeks, so the sooner you know, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->