Could I be further along in my pregnancy than it seems?

birdbear

Reaction score
Hello!

I first had a positive home pregnancy test 5 days ago. This was not so surprising to me because I have been feeling symptoms for quite some time.

I had my first son in March, 2013. One of the hallmarks of my first trimester was that I was very headachey all the time, among other things.

I last had a "period" on July 3. It came early and lasted only 3 days or so. It was strange. I thought, "could that have been implantation bleeding?" I tested a few days after that and had a negative, so I moved on. One of two weeks after that, I started to feel "different."
I had headaches constantly (not normal for me, except when pregnant), I was nauseous off and on and having diarrhea (sorry that is gross), I was extra tired and my limbs were hurting. I had a few ocular migraines (never happened to me before).
I talked to my dad (a physician) about it all and thought that I might be sick in some way - he said "maybe just a passing virus."
(I also went to an ophthalmologist who said the ocular migraines were benign and that my symptoms were classic for them, so I am not worried about that). I have also been noticing that my vision is slightly blurrier than usual and that my teeth are bleeding when brushing (also happened in my first pregnancy).

Now, I did not get my first positive test until August 3. I thought, "Ok, I am 4 weeks pregnant."
But, then I thought more - I have been having these symptoms for a good month!

I have a doctor appointment on August 26. Because of ridiculous insurance issues, I can no longer see my old doctor and I must wait to see one of the few doctors who take my current insurance. (Otherwise I'd be in there asap for an ultrasound).

Prior to the "period/implantation bleeding" event, my husband and I had intercourse while I was ovulating, but he "pulled out."
I have heard of false negatives, but I would think they are pretty rare!

I just don't know what to think!
Any thoughts?! I must also add that i feel like my belly has been "different" for several weeks now. like heavier feeling and wider or bigger. (I am normally thin and have consistently been this way for a long time so the stomach changes were noticeable). My breasts have also seemed fuller for a month or so, but have not been achey at all.

Thanks for any thoughts you can give!

I appreciate it!

:hugs::cloud9::baby::flower:

It's possible of course, but given you tested a few days after your last bleed and got a bfn I'd say it's unlikely.
Certainly, a lot of women feel 'pregnancy symptoms' when they're not pregnant, it's just progesterone.

its hard to say, but you also could of had a virus during that time or just early pregnancy . I got my BFP at 3weeks5days and felt pregnant for a few days prior to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->