Could I be having an ectopic? Or something else??

LPF

Reaction score
I'm mithering over this and getting a bit worked up....

For the last 3 days I've had this sensation / pain in my right abdo area. When it hurts it feels a bit like groin strain right down near my leg joint but the rest of the time it's a bit of an odd bubbly type sensation in my right pelvis. I often get right back ache (and all over at times) too.

When I sleep I feel nothing and wake up and thinks its gone, then as soon as I do something that exerts pressure, it comes back and is there on and off all day. It's worse in sitting, especially driving. Walking around and it's not really noticeable.

I went to the doctors yesterday to get it checked out. He did a external abdomen and pelvic exam and said if it was an ectopic to the point of feeling pain like I described, I would feel the pain when he pressed in certain area - and it didn't. He tested my urine - fine. He felt they were just normal pregnancy aches etc.

But I can't shake the feeling of 'what if its a ectopic.....'

It doesn't sound like an ectopic to me. I am 10 weeks preggers now and I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks due to the same types of pains you are describing. I had 3 ultrasounds done before I was 9 weeks and we found out that I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured ( apparently this is normal in pregnancy) and the cyst is what was causing my aches and pains. The doctors told me to look out for signs of eptopic like bleeding, pain in my right shoulder, constant pain that doesn't go away in my abdomen. I never had any of them just cramping and a pulling pain by my right leg.
Have you asked your doctor to do an ultra sound to verify the pregnancy is indeed in your Uterus? We found the sac in mine around 5.5 weeks and seen the fetal pole around 7.

Hi, I've seen a couple of your posts and I can totally understand why you are so anxious. However I'm currently 7 weeks and I think that any stomach muscles I did have, already seem to be disappearing. Everything feels stretched already, I have coughed or sneezed a couple of times and it can hurt a bit where my muscles were. Also the second time around it happens quicker from previous. All of the aches and pains from last time are coming back! Try not to fret too much x

Sorry to hear you're so worried...I'm in the same situation as you. I've had pain on and off in my lower left pelvic region since sunday and am so worried it is ectopic. I saw my dr, no uti and I had pain when he pressed the area.

I'm stuck in limbo, I've just got to sit and wait to see if it gets any worse.he said if it gets worst I must see a dr again. Trying to be positive but just fear the worst.

Sorry to hijack your thread, just seen you're experiencing same as me. Have you seen your dr?

The doctor just said 'you'd know if it was an ectopic, it would hurt constantly, get worse, start to bleed and feel ill, wouldn't ease in certain positions etc'. But I'm sure I've seen people post to contradict that!

No scan planned - he really wasn't concerned.

This is my 3rd 1st trimester and I've never felt anything like it before. But if I'm rational about it - it's not comstant pain/cramp its like pulled muscle type twinges and feelings....but I don't know if that's how ectopics start iykwim, as I've never had one!

I'm really trying to fret, but once you get an idea in your head, it's hard to shift!

Yea my dr was similar...one min he was talking ectopic pregnancies, the next min he was saying about getting my 12 week scan booked.

I haven't been scheduled for an early scan either, he did say atm it would be too early to see much.

I've had this similar pain before getting pregnant, and had ultrasounds to investigate but they didn't find anything. It does feel a bit different now though.

I'm the same, I keep hoping it is some different like growing pains, or a cyst or even constipation but I can't shift the idea.

Hope it all goes well for you

I have exactly what youve described but mine does not stop. Iv had it since last night and the furthest along I can be is 3-4 weeks. It feels a bit stronger than my usual af cramps but im spotting a bit of brown when I wipe not enough to be on knickers.
Im petrified of what ill hear at docs today :( It worries me that its only on my right side and right down low ljke in my groin and feels like its hurting my leg a little bit too. My right hip is so achey. Like period achey! Praying this is normal for me and its just growing or implanting? Good luck to you xx

I was having a little pain around the same time and the doctor said she thought it was a corpus luteum cyst.

https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-problems/articles/corpus-luteum-cyst.aspx

I have exactly what youve described but mine does not stop. Iv had it since last night and the furthest along I can be is 3-4 weeks. It feels a bit stronger than my usual af cramps but im spotting a bit of brown when I wipe not enough to be on knickers.
Im petrified of what ill hear at docs today :( It worries me that its only on my right side and right down low ljke in my groin and feels like its hurting my leg a little bit too. My right hip is so achey. Like period achey! Praying this is normal for me and its just growing or implanting? Good luck to you xx

Good luck at the doctors, let us know xx

I was having a little pain around the same time and the doctor said she thought it was a corpus luteum cyst.

https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-problems/articles/corpus-luteum-cyst.aspx

Thanks for this...off to google!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->