Could I be pregnant? Advice please!

betha

Reaction score
Hello.
I am new to this forum but I wanted some other opinions.
My last period was Oct 22 2015. I have yet to have a period, no brown spotting or pink spotting. NOTHING. Except a lot of discharge that's mostly clear and thin (Sorry TMI).

Now, I have PCOS. I was diagnosed and given Spironolactone and Metformin and I stopped taking it before my last period because of the side effects. While I was on it for a couple months, I had a regular period every 21-24 days or so.

I had unprotected sex every weekend since Halloween. So three weekends in a row. Now since i stopped taking my medication I assume my periods will be out of whack but it's been almost 5 weeks. I took multiple tests and they've been negative as of Friday night. I am not nauseous and my breasts are not sore. However, I've had back pain for over a week now maybe 2 weeks. It could be related to something else (something digestive) but I've had dull aching in BOTH my ovaries/hips area. Right above my V I have had a dull ache as well that recently started. I feel VERY bloated. To the point I'm uncomfortable sitting down or eating more than a few bites. I'm very moody and irritated lately. Some days I'm starving and other days like today, I'm full and some things bother me and make me want to puke. LIke I said I'm not nauseous or anything.

But I'm just waiting for either my period or a positive test.

Thanks!

Hi betta, sorry ur in this position, I'm there with you, I was diagnosed PCOS ish and taking Metformin but keep forgetting to take it. I'm 4 days late and keep getting BFN. So frustrating

As you've had unprotected sex then there will be a chance you could be pregnant, though as it was only at weekends the chance is slightly less than if you'd been regularly having sex throughout your cycle. I think you're right that your cycle is probably going to be a different length due to your stopping of your medication, so it could be that is the reason your period hasn't arrived yet. The aching ovary area could be your body trying to ovulate or after pains from already ovulating. It could also just be pains from coming off the meds and your body adjusting. I think any change in hormones can have that effect on the body. The first cycle I took soy isoflavones, which mimic hormones and alter the natural hormones of a cycle, my ovaries ached pretty much the whole cycle.

All I could suggest is wait another week and test again. The majority of women will have a positive test two weeks after ovulation. As you don't know when that might have happened, I would just keep testing. If in a few weeks you still haven't had your period or a positive test then go and see a doctor maybe?

I can imagine it's hugely frustrating the not knowing and the waiting. I hope you get the result you want.

Thank you, ladies!

Still no period. I keep having this clear discharge. I don't know if it's extremely late ovulation or not. I definitely think it's a funky period messed up from my medications. But I still have that ache/pain in my ovaries so I hope I get my period soon! No other changes in my body so I don't think I am pregnant. If I don't get my period in a couple weeks, I'll definitely test again.

Hi I am new to the baby forums we are ttc #3 so this is my first time using opk and I got my first flashing :) yesterday dtd on the 24th November DH has a nerve injury in his leg making it harder to BD I am hoping it's enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->