Could I be pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caramel95

Reaction score
Hello, I'm 17 and I think I may be pregnant.
My last period started on the 30th June and ended on the 3rd July (a normal period for me). On the 5th July, me and my boyfriend had sex, but when he pulled out the condom was left inside of me, I noticed immediately and got the condom out (it took about 5 minutes, was rather hard to actually grab and take out, ended up pushing it in a bit), we obviously got a bit worried, but not too worried, we didn't want to stress ourselves out (we don't use any other contraception). 9th July came around and I started having light bleeding and his lasted until the 11th July. About a week later I started getting stomach cramps, and as the days/weeks went pass I got more symptoms; backache, nausea, strong sense of smell, going off foods, headaches, mood swings, peeing more, eating more and just feeling exhausted. Currently I am feeling nauseous, eating more, peeing like crazy, getting backaches, getting either angry or upset and just constantly sleeping.
My periods have also been coming a day or two early for the last two months and so I worried a bit when it didn't come early, or on the day it was supposed to. My period was due on the 28th July, which means it is now 3 days late. I have taken a pregnancy test, but drank two drinks 10 minutes before I did the test. I am due to take another one tomorrow morning, but I just want to know, what do you guys think the chances of me being pregnant are?
Any comments/advice would be really helpful, thank you.

I would say the chances are quite low that you will be pregnant since your period started on the 30th June and then you had sex on the 5th of July. That means you would have only been on Cycle day 5 when you had intercourse. The chances of you ovulating that early in your cycle is very very low. If you have a normal 28 day cycle you probably wouldn't have ovulated until anywhere from cycle day 12 - 18. If you are feeling stressed at the moment, that could be delaying AF. If the pregnancy test is negative, i would say you're probably not pregnant. I would test again tomorrow with your first morning urine and if it comes back negative then i think you probably ovulated later in your cycle than you thought.

Edit: I also like to add that AF symptoms can mimic pregnancy symptoms so it's possible you could get pregnancy symptoms and not be pregnant. I used to always get pregnancy like symptoms when AF was due which made me on more than one occasion think I were pregnant. Goodluck either way hun, and i hope you get the result you want. x

Yeah, I forgot to mention it was negative.
I've also heard somewhere that sperm can live up to 5 days.
I'm just worrying, because I'm young and everything, but even if I am then I know I'll have a great support system behind me.
Thank you so much for your advice, it's made me feel a lot better :)
I'll post on this thread again tomorrow morning, to let people know what the outcome is :)

A lot of those symptoms could be mental too... I remember when I was younger (before wanting a baby) and the only thing that made my period show up, was taking a pregnancy test - even if there was no way I could be pregnant... the brain is amazing and can make you experience whatever you want it to (or don't want it to!).

It would be surprising that you'd be pregnant and still get a negative result when you're already late, but if your period doesn't show up in the next couple days, it won't hurt to go see your doctor and get a blood test done - those are never wrong!

Good luck :hugs:

Yeah, I guess when you're worried about something it tends to be the only thing on your mind! Am currently not enjoying this experience though, just feeling constantly nauseous.
I'll take another one tomorrow morning, and if that's negative then I'll give it a few days, and if my period still doesn't make an appearance then I'll go to my doctor and ask him for a blood test.
Thank you for your advice :) x

Keep us posted :) This forum and the ladies here are a great source of comfort and advice and there is a subsection for pretty much everything!

I will :)
I'll post again tomorrow afternoon to let you know what the outcome is, as I'm out tomorrow morning, but I'll just do the test before I go out.
I can already see that you're a great source of comfort and advice and you've made me feel very welcome, so thank you :).

You're right caramel, sperm can live inside for a few days BUT only when you have fertile cervical mucus. After AF your cervical mucus was still probably acidic there for the sperm probably wouldn't be able to live in that enviroment. Good luck with testing again hun, let us know how it went x

It's unlikely. Every time I thought I was pregnant (before I actually was!) all the symptoms were the same, I was convinced, nausea, peeing, the lot, yet everytime I took a test, negative. The month I didn't get any symptoms at all and wasn't even thinking about was when I got a positive pregnancy test. Id say that actually the "early symptoms" of pregnancy aren't really there at all - you could get the same symptoms for a number of reasons. I'd say if you got a negative test, you are not pregnant. Pregnancy tests are pretty sensitive these days.
Hope I helped x

Hello everyone, I tested again this morning with my first wee of the day, and it's still negative.
Still no sign of AF though, so hoping she turns up soon!
Thank you to everyone for your advice and everything, it means a lot :)

I got pregnant from sex a day after my period stopped

im going to go out on a limb and say your not at this point..
next time make sure the condom is on right have him check..also u may want to use the ones with spermicide for extra protection..

good luck

My AF ended up being over a week late in the end so I went to see my nurse and to be honest she was completely useless.
She did a pregnancy test, told me it was negative and then said we were done.
I told her that I'd had four positives before hand, couldn't even remember what I was there for, asked me if I'd gone in for my flu jab!
She didn't ask me any questions or take any blood or anything, literally did a test then sent me home, my friend was with me and asked if their pregnancy tests are any different to the ones we can buy and she said no.
I have a gut instinct that she was wrong though.

My AF ended up being over a week late in the end so I went to see my nurse and to be honest she was completely useless.
She did a pregnancy test, told me it was negative and then said we were done.
I told her that I'd had four positives before hand, couldn't even remember what I was there for, asked me if I'd gone in for my flu jab!
She didn't ask me any questions or take any blood or anything, literally did a test then sent me home, my friend was with me and asked if their pregnancy tests are any different to the ones we can buy and she said no.
I have a gut instinct that she was wrong though.

your posts said u had negatives and came here asking with negtives could u be pregnant given ur surcumtances. Mostly likey not...now ur doc office said ur not and ur saying those negatives where postives? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Thread closed

BabyandBump operates a strict NO under 18's using the forum for the following:
Waiting to try (WTT)
Trying to conceive (TTC)
Two Week Wait (2WW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics