Could I be pregnant?

ladybug92

Reaction score
Hey everybody! Sorry, this might be a little long, but I hope there are some people here who find the time to read and answer =))) thanks!!

Okay so about a month ago I've had sex and the condom broke... It was pretty much at the beginning, so the chances of being pregnant are very low, yet it's not impossible. The day it broke was about 3 days before my ovulation.

About a week later I started feeling a little weird and I had cramps that were similar to when I get my period, but not that heavy. (i had sex on sunday, my ovulation was around wednesday and i got the cramps on wednesday the week after). Then on Thursday I started bleeding, it was light red and really not a lot. And I wasn't supposed to get my period yet! It was supposed to come about 6 days later! My period is ALWAYS regular. It MIGHT be a day late sometimes, which is really rare, but that like never happens. And it has NEVER been early before! So the light bleeding was about 3 days long and it got a little bit "heavier" but not really. It wasn't like my period at all. When I get my period i'm usually in a hell lot of pain!!! Last time i got it, I almost fainted at school because I was in so much pain and they had to fill me up with pain killers. Also, my menstruation is usually REALLY heavy and lasts about 6 days!!
So this bleeding was SOOO different! And I didn't feel a lot of pain, just a little cramping which I still feel today from time to time!

So on Friday (i believe it was march 2nd) i took an early pregnancy test (clearblue plus), but the idiot I am I didn't read the instructions till the end. I had to pee soooo badly so I kinda left out the last part, where it said that the second line can appear within 10 minutes!!! So I checked after two minutes as it says in the instructions and it was negative. But like i said...didnt read the last part about waiting 10 minutes for it to maybe change...
So the next day I take out the paper and read it again, where I discover the 10-minute-waiting part! So I take out the test again and take another look at it where I see a second line! It was a pretty light line, but there was definitely one! I showed it to my friend on skype and she saw it too. Now I don't know if that second line appeared within those 10 minutes or later (aka it would be a false positive). can it "change to positive" after those 10 minutes because of I dont know...the temperature whatsoever?

So I waited till Monday to do a blood test, which turned out to be negative. But it was the first possible day to do a blood test (ovulation +12)...and sometime the day of ovulation can change, so let's just say i had it on thursday and not wednesday, then i would have been ovulation +11 = too early for a blood test. but then at the same time i think if that home pregnancy test really was a positive, that would mean the concentration of hcg is high enough to show, so if it shows a positive on that test it would most probably show positive on the blood test, too right?

so i took another home pregnancy test 2 days later which was negative, too.
But i have been feeling soooo weird lately! I have the weirdest cravings (like i start frying bananas with cheese in the middle of the night), i have cramps (sometimes a little more left, sometimes a little more to the right, but mostly on the left hand side), i feel nauseous (especially at night though), my breasts are tender, i have to pee all the time (and i dont drink a lot, which i know is bad, but i just forget about it sometimes) and i have really bad headaches.

I haven't had any chances in my life lately that could have caused this and I'm not stressed or anything. Basically it's the opposite, my life is pretty relaxing right now ;) And the last time I've had sex before that was like in October....so why does my body get so freaking weird EXACTLY right now, right after I had sex and the condom broke?

Is there a chance that maybe I could be pregnant?
I didn't plan on getting pregnant and I think it would be better if i didn't get pregnant right now, but if I was I would be happy =)

With the tests you need to take the time and do them properly, they can change after a while and give false positives or an evaporation line.

With the blood test, that is more sensitive than a pregnancy test, and you're right that the test would not be positive and the blood test not because both go by your hcg levels so I would be inclined to say you're not pregnant, especially if the test was done at the hospital/doctors to test for pregnancy and your latter test was negative too.

Funny things happen when you think you're pregnant. I was trying for three months before I got my positive and the first month I was convinced I was pregnant because of similar feelings but it can be your mind playing tricks on you and the signs of your period are very similar to early pregnancy, eg cramping and headaches. Also it's too early for cravings and nausea, these don't tend to set in until around week 7.

Hope this helped xx

You're probably okay! There were many times when I was younger and had unprotected sex and convinced myself I was pregnant. I started getting 'symptoms' but tests were negative. I fell pregnant recently though with my partner of two years, and I had less symptoms to start off with then I did with the other times I believed I was. However, when the sickness kicks in, you'll know. It's like nothing else! And the line you seen was probably and evaporation line. Which are notorious with blue dye tests! I'm sure the blood test would have picked it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->