Could I have a blocked milk duct??

Hopeful18

Reaction score
My LO just turned 8 months old. I've been lucky so far and nursing has gone great, without many problems, even working and pumping and all of that! I'm so grateful for that. Today my right breast started feeling sore. It's gotten worse throughout the day and has a hard place on the side of it. It's sore to the touch. Nursing isn't too bad pain-wise, but not comfortable. I'm guessing this is a blocked milk duct, but I've never had anything like this. If it is, should I call the doctor and do I call my OBGYN or my regular doctor???
Thanks ladies! I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas!!!

My LO just turned 8 months old. I've been lucky so far and nursing has gone great, without many problems, even working and pumping and all of that! I'm so grateful for that. Today my right breast started feeling sore. It's gotten worse throughout the day and has a hard place on the side of it. It's sore to the touch. Nursing isn't too bad pain-wise, but not comfortable. I'm guessing this is a blocked milk duct, but I've never had anything like this. If it is, should I call the doctor and do I call my OBGYN or my regular doctor???
Thanks ladies! I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas!!!

Sounds like a plugged duct. No need to call anyone. Just nurse, pump, or express it out. When I got plugged ducts, I hand expressed it out. Just pumping might not work, but if you squeeze and massage it, it should come out.

I've not had an official diagnosis but I think I have the same thing going on but the pain I've had has been insane especially while nursing. The areola feels lumpy also.

One thing that helped a lot was applying heat to the breast just before nursing. Once I do that and massage the lumps seem to dissolve and nursing becomes less painful. I do hope this episode passes though.

Thank you ladies! Good to know it'll pass :thumb up:

I appreciate the advice about the heat too! It helps a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->