Could I have caused my chemical pregnancy?

A chemical pregnancy is not your fault!!!!!!!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

It was my understanding for the first 12 weeks the embryo is nurtured by a yolk sac (unconnected to the mothers bloodflow) that develops, it then transitions to the placenta, this transition is why the twelve week stage is considered a landmark. The yolk sac is natures way of protecting the embryo from toxins etc during the early stages when a mother may be unaware of her pregnancy.

That's how my midwife explained it to me when I nervously questioned her about the TWO bottles of wine I drunk in one sitting three days before getting my BFP with my DD. She wasn't planned.

Please don't blame yourself x x x

Not to sound rude or anything, but I think the umbilical cord develops by the 5th week, not the 12th week. Just to make sure mothers are not encouraged to drink in the first trimester as this is when the major organs are developing (crucial period for the baby!)

I believe your right the umbilical board is probably developing from conception but the baby is initially fed from a Yolk sac prior to the transiston to the placenta, which usually occurs around 12 weeks, like I said DD was still on her yolk sac at 11 weeks when I had my scan.

It's sad to think anyone would think it's ok to drink more than is the recommended maximum (if there is one, the guidelines are forever changing) amount in any trimester, but often women panic having not known they were pregnant at the time. Myself included.

I can totally relate. A week ago I took a HPT and it came back positive I was over the moon with joy since I was told I could not conceive. well that Sunday I started to spot and got concerned so I went to my doctor. he did a series of HCG tests and the one done 42 hrs. later had dropped he told me that I was having a chemical pregnancy and that I will mischarge. I was told this today. I am so depressed right now I don't know what to do. I also drink so it was interesting to know that my drinking may have cause this. I can totally understand where you are coming from. After reading up on chemical pregnancies and why they may occur I feel a tad bit better to know that my body was able to detect something wrong to fix it but it still doesn't help that I still feel guilty.
since I just got my new today I am still reeling from it but keep your head up and I know in my heart it will happen when it is suppose to.

Don't blame yourself.

My first was surprise and I went for a cocktail night and had a very heavy night drinking the day before I got my BFP.

I'd missed my period and done about 10 tests and all negative so thought I wasn't pregnant. Felt terrible when I got a BFP when I was 7 days late!!!

I spoke to my doctor about it and she said MANY ladies smoke and drink before they realise they are pregnant and early on it should be ok as long as you STOP as soon as you get a BFP.

It was my understanding for the first 12 weeks the embryo is nurtured by a yolk sac (unconnected to the mothers bloodflow) that develops, it then transitions to the placenta, this transition is why the twelve week stage is considered a landmark. The yolk sac is natures way of protecting the embryo from toxins etc during the early stages when a mother may be unaware of her pregnancy.

That's how my midwife explained it to me when I nervously questioned her about the TWO bottles of wine I drunk in one sitting three days before getting my BFP with my DD. She wasn't planned.

Please don't blame yourself x x x

If its unconnected to the mothers blood flow how does hcg get in the bloodstream?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->