Could it be an ear infection?

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
My ear feels like it needs to pop and is blocked...it has been like this for the best part of a week now..I've done all manner of silly things to try and get it to pop,but nothing works,now I'm thinking is it an ear infection as nothing helps...it doesn't hurt,its just really annoying.xx

if it doesnt hurt it is unlikely to be an ear infection

have you had a cold recently?
if so it could be a bit of fluid in the inner ear - steam inhalation may help

it may be blocked wax?

go and get a nurse to check it for you next week

Its only been like this since I was in hospital with Harvey for 2 weeks,I had a cold and cough while I was in there with him...could it be I blew my nose too hard?
There was one night there I had a really bad pain in my ear,took some painkillers and the pain went,but ever since its been blocked.xx

I had this a while ago, my ear felt blocked and sometimes felt like something was rattling in it. It didn't hurt either. I went to the GP who looked in the ear, said it was an infection and wrote me out a script for some antibiotics. Within a couple of days it was better.

yeah I agree it could be ear wax. unfortunately I have the same problem and I am having to put olive oil in my ear until I can get it irrigated on Friday :( it's awful, it really makes you unbalanced xx

ETA: I just saw this was a few days old - I hope you have it sorted xx

could be the start of one, i had a middle ear infection and it didnt hurt but then i had severe dizziness so might not be that. Steam inhaling will help if its congestion :)

Probably just ear wax. If it was an ear infection it doesn't neccessarily hurt right away, but you'd get dizzy spells, something to do with your inner ears being off-balance, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->