could it be BF? story of lost period.

paintrider89

Reaction score
I think I've posted about this before. But the longer it goes on, the more I obsess on it. I had a 'normal' AF about 4weeks PP. I then when onto oral BCP. I spotted constantly. I mean every day, all day, there was no time off from the bleeding. After 3 months of that. I stopped taking the pill. Soon after my spotting stopped. Since then, about end of July I believe, nothing. No period, no cramps, no OV pain. I have tested, and it was negative. I am still BF, but only part time. Where has my period gone? Is it ever comming back? We want to start TTC after DD hits 1 in April, but I am not able to even track my cycles...thoughts? Help?

It's completely normal to not have a period while breastfeeding.

Any bleeding before 6 weeks pp is not counted as menstruation (I think).

I had my first period when ds was 9 months and then not another til he was 12/13 months I think.
Xx

Wow. Thank you for that. I was unsure if BF could cause it, in my instance because I only BF about half of the time. All the info I could find was for mom's who EBF.

Yes, very normal. I didn't get my period back until 13 months PP and obviously by that point she was eating other food and not EBF.

It's still not regular at 2.5 years PP.

Definitely normal, we are at +1 year and no sign of AF at all

I had to completely stop bf at 16m to get AF back. So I'd definitely say it could be the cause. But then I remember when I stopped taking the pill it took over a year to get my period back. I had been taking it a long time though.

Thanks for the replies ladies. Guess I will just need to relax and enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->