could it be that i have low progesterone levels?

katy1984

proud mummy & pregnant
Reaction score
hi ive just recently suffered my second miscarriage, it happened natural this time, my first one was a mmc in oct, ive noticed a few ladies talk about low progesterone,how do you find this out, after my last mc i had a scan to make sure everything had come away and all was ok but that was it, they wont do any tests until ive suffered 3 which i find discusting ,as if going through it once isnt enough!!!
Do i just make an appointment with my doctor,im just a little worried that they will tell me no.do you have to already be pregnant to have the test or can it done anytime? many thanks xxx

I knew I was going to be TTC so my DH and I saw my doc beforehand and that was one of the key things they check... it can be done by your OB by having your blood drawn.. I had it done on the 3rd and 21st days of my cycle. You do NOT have to be preggo to have the test. I would say it's a *VERY* wise thing to have your OB run some basic labs to check all of your hormone levels. To me- its ridiculous that anyone would make a person wait to lose a few babies before investigated. It should be done for EVERYONE who plans on TTC. Thankfully ~ my OB was very proactive and had both me AND my DH checked out. Best of luck!

I'm in the same boat - wondering about what tests I can have run on the NHS after 2 losses (MMC's) and suspecting either hormonal problems or insulin resistance (PCOS).

Does anyone know what they are likely to do test wise?

I'm in the same boat - wondering about what tests I can have run on the NHS after 2 losses (MMC's) and suspecting either hormonal problems or insulin resistance (PCOS).

Does anyone know what they are likely to do test wise?

I can't remember all that I was tested for - basic hormone levels, progesterone included- but it was like 6-7 different things.. FSH was 1 of them, estradiol, and I can't remember the rest... but I would definitely push for some basic testing! :hugs:

hi ladies thank you for your response's, ive been to doctor's this morning and they wont do anything until ive had 3 mc's which (sorry for language) is bulls**t!!! how can that be ok, suffering 1 mc is bad enough but to have to go through it 3 time's before they even do anything is ridiculous!!! she said if it were to happen again (i pray to god is never does) that they will do all the tests possible on both me and my partner,i hope i never have to have them and my next pregnancy is my forever baby,thanks again ladies xxx

that is BULLSHEOT- I agree- wow- that floors me they won't even run your basic labs and check hormones. WOW. Not sure how it works where you are- but can you get a 2nd opinion? Or pay privately?

Hi, just stumbled across this post. I've just suffered my first miscarriage at 5 weeks 3 days...Im gutted. I am absolutely convinced that I have low progesterone and this has been the problem.
Before conceiving I charted my luteal phase to only be about 10 days. I have a 28 day cycle and seem to ovulate on CD18.
I also have symptoms of low progesterone: pre period spotting, heavy bleeding with clots, bad PMS symptoms aswell.
This was my first ever pregnancy and it has put so much fear into me that its going to keep happening. Im going to see my doctor next week to discuss this with him, I would feel so much better being given progesterone supplements for next time.
My mum has suffered the same thing, 5 miscarriages along with 3 healthy babies only because she was given progesterone injections throughout.
I know that some people believe that a failing pregnancy is the cause of low progesterone but i just think there is far too many people that are testament to the fact that progesterone supplements worked for them.

hi ladies thank you for your response's, ive been to doctor's this morning and they wont do anything until ive had 3 mc's which (sorry for language) is bulls**t!!! how can that be ok, suffering 1 mc is bad enough but to have to go through it 3 time's before they even do anything is ridiculous!!! she said if it were to happen again (i pray to god is never does) that they will do all the tests possible on both me and my partner,i hope i never have to have them and my next pregnancy is my forever baby,thanks again ladies xxx

Im sorry you have suffered a 2nd miscarriage and I agree that is bull***t that you should have to wait until 3 losses, what must that do to someones mental health!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->